Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YJ Wrangler 1993, How can you tell if your leak springs are past there best  (Read 1016 times)

Zedman

Hiya

Is there a simple measurement such as axle to chassis distance I can measure to see if my leaf springs need replacing>

Mine are virtually straight with the jeep at rest and only 2 inch clearance to the bump stops.

Tank

If theyre flat i would say its time to change them

Green Jeep

Yep, if they've gone flat that's that.... I snapped a leaf on my YJ and a company in the midlands, called Jones spring replaced the broken leaf and turned it around in less than a day, maybe they can help?

http://www.jones-springs.co.uk/products.htm

Cheers Maf

Zedman

Thanks Maf

Called Jones Springs, they were very helpfull but didn't have any YJ springs in stock, they said they could easily make me a set if I could get the specs, anyone know where I can get a tech drawing of the springs with dimensions etc. approx £90 a corner

Alternatively they can re-bend and temper my old ones but again I need dimensions, approx £40 a corner.

Has anyone had experience of refurbished springs ? and to help me get some idea on how bad mine are does anyone have a stock YJ wrangler with good springs that can maybe measure the distance from bump stop to axle to give me an idea, thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to duck under there jeep and do a quick measurement )

Ohh and lighthouse quoted approx £100 a corner
Pages: [1]   Go Up