Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have now estabilshed my YJ Wranger springs are knackered  (Read 1172 times)

Zedman

I have now estabilshed my YJ Wranger springs are knackered
« on: February 25, 2010, 11:19:46 PM »

I have now established my YJ Wranger springs are knackered, they sit straight at rest giving on about 1.5 clearance from the bump stops, what do I need to buy next, standard springs or heavy duty springs.

I',m running 31 inch Silverstone Extremes with standard shackles, clearance seems OK to the arches, intended use is for weekend Green laning between trials.

Road handling isn't an issue but I cant figure out what effect stiffer springs will do to the off road performance.

Any thoughts / suggestions / suppliers in the UK / prices would be greatly appreciated

Dave69

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 15
  • Vehicle: CJ-7 4.2 auto
  • Year: 1979
Re: I have now estabilshed my YJ Wranger springs are knackered
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 08:12:19 AM »

give Llama4x4 a call for prices and options as he has regular shipments from the USA. you might even be able to get a spring lift for a reasonable price
XJ 2.5 diesel - dead. XJ 4.0 6" lift - sold to some lucky person
CJ7 4.2 auto standard(ish)
Alfa 147 jtdm

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 09:45:48 AM »

If ya interested I've got a set of Procomp Springs 2and1/2" lift. They were on a mates Jeep for 3 weeks until he sold it and wanted to go back to stock for a sale.

They have a reputation of being stiff and have got saddled with the name Pro Crap in this country..... but its the way the springs are put together..... I've removed one leaf off each and released the springs clamps that bind all the leaves so they can't move...... basically I've made them look and perform like Rubicon Express springs that I run. NICE
So there you go 4 springs and I've got Poly bushes for the spring eyes also brand new......

Why am I getting rid? I kept them for payment on the work I did on the friends Jeep and was going to use them for a SOA conversion but they made the vehicle too high!
PM me if ya interested?

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 03:53:56 PM »

sounds the way to go unless you want 4inch lift

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up