Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electronic dizzy for AMC 360  (Read 870 times)

IrishCJ6

• Guru
  • Guru: 3
Electronic dizzy for AMC 360
« on: March 31, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »

Guys with so much choice out there what electronic dizzy should I go for, I don't want to spend heaps if I don't need too, I see on ebay there seems to be a lot of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMC-JEEP-CJ5-CJ7-304-360-401-V-8-HEI-DISTRIBUTOR-6512-R-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf62d1825QQitemZ330547664933QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Are they any good or is there a better option, my 360 will be completly standard with only a set of headers and no emission control

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
Re: Electronic dizzy for AMC 360
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 02:39:13 PM »

Can only quote JP mag on this:

They put one on a J series clunker that barely ran ...a 5 litre . It made the thing possible to start, pick up was great and the lump idled again. They thought the power might have been improved mid range but lump was so shot they couldn't be sure.

They used a DUI kit.............. Davis unified ignition.     Guess they all do similar for a similar price

Hope that helps................ But others with UK first hand experience will be along later :icon_super: :icon_twisted:

Panic mechanic!

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 03:09:25 PM »

Bubba had a dui in his cj for a short time,no sure what happened to it tho.ot to admit I keep looking at these for the cj as well as i need a distributor.

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 04:59:23 PM »

they in all mine mainly due to wherever i read a review of amc V8's they all say this is absolutely the first mod for a power gain and better running, just make sure you get the decents leads for it (i think my last set were chevvy leads - Bubba will point ya in the direction tho)

mine have always been ebay items
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:
Pages: [1]   Go Up