Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tj problem  (Read 9780 times)

elvis

tj problem
« on: January 22, 2005, 10:38:00 AM »

i wonder can the members help me i have recently got a tj  that needs a lot of work but i have been informed that it is a total loss by my insurance company is this a problem

craig

• Founder
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 03:14:24 PM »

what do you mean by a lot of work? as far as i can gather a total loss means that it would cost more to repair the jeep than its worth(by some) if you are only going to use it off road there should be no problem, but it might need re-registering as a 'q' plate if you were to try and make it road legal? (i think) :?  :?

Tank

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 04:43:22 PM »

I have heard,but dont quote me on this,that a total loss vehicle can be put back on the road once work is done but will have to undergo an inspection and if its deemed to be both safe and roadworthy,then it will be looked at by a DVLA inspector and it depends on that as to whether it goes on a "Q"plate or back on its age related plate.I think it depends upon whether you can prove that most of the parts used to repair are from same year.If they feel thattoo many of the parts are not consistent with the age of the vehicle then it will go on the Q. :?:  :?:

Woody

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 06:18:02 PM »

What's up with it, for it to be a total loss would have thought the chassis was bent or broke?

I don't think you would end up on a Q plate with a TJ as even new parts from the dealer would all be like for like replacements.

Woody

trent

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 09:36:25 PM »

what category of total loss?

If it's C or D no prob's (insurance will pay out less in the event of a claim though, by about 30% of the book price, presuming it's been put right)

If it's not C or D then you don't want it back on the road!!
I like beer.....i use my jeep to collect more beer all the time!

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 09:54:25 PM »

Trents right..its the catogary of loss that influences things

Tell us more Elvis inbetween appearing on TOTP and we'll try n help/advise

elvis

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 12:07:46 AM »

its a class a total loss it was rolled in a flooding river it is tatty and the engine is shot but i have a diesel chrokee engine for it if i can get it fitted but i am now thinking i have wasted my time if this total loss thing cant be sorted
by the way hope you like my no 1 in the charts its one of my faves :supz:

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 01:39:53 AM »

It was rolled in a flooded river :werd:  :thinking:  :banghard:  :banghard:  :banghard:

Whats to be done with this one?

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 07:00:54 AM »

i think you will find its had it mate try and sell it back to werever it came from you can never use it on the road and the engine wont fit so just get rid :?

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

ponyracer1

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 06:25:53 PM »

Had bad is it? I may be interested in it for parts if you sell it. Hard top? Doors? Any of the front end good? (wings and bonnet)

elvis

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 07:46:25 PM »

thanks for the help guys i think i have managed to get my money back [mostly] and got the seller to take it back after seeking legal advice :oops:
Pages: [1]   Go Up