Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on RB3 satnav  (Read 2149 times)

3phasedelta

Advice on RB3 satnav
« on: September 13, 2011, 02:03:04 PM »

Hi All, new to this forum, hope you may be able to offer some advice. Have owned a Jeep Cherokee 2.5 TD for a number of years and have just bought a Grand Cherokee 2.7TD Limited ES that has a RB3 satnav fitted. Now to the problem. On trying to use the satnav each time you try to enter a destination a message comes up
"Please Wait" , then nothing else happens. Could it be that I need to reboot it with the navigation disc, because if this is the case sadly I dont have it. I have contacted my local dealer and they have quoted £300.00 for a new disc. I have done a search on the net and found a couple of sites that are offering update discs for around £50.00. Has anyone ever used any of these sites before. I dont mind spending this money if it gets the thing working. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. 

Panic mechanic!

Re: Advice on RB3 satnav
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 03:09:15 PM »

You need to have a disc in the system for the mapping system to work,the disc needs to contain maps for the country you are in before the sat nav can  work out the routing as it needs them to refer to.

have a word with these guys to find out exactly what you need to do

http://www.satnavi.com/chrysler---jeep.php

Pages: [1]   Go Up