Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: good all round tyre suggestion for 1995 cherokee xj  (Read 1191 times)

tonaz

good all round tyre suggestion for 1995 cherokee xj
« on: September 12, 2011, 10:36:44 PM »

i need a replacement tyre for my jeep; it currently had bridgestone duelers all round. i'm looking for a good all round tyre; the jeep will be driven 95% of the time on tarmac and driven daily but i get quite a lot of snow in winter where i live and don't want to be getting stuck!

the front left only needs replaced at the minute but i hate having odd tyres on any vehicle of mine so will be looking for any excuse to get them all the same again (don't have the money for a full set at the minute and don't seem to be able to find the bridgestones on camskill etc).

where does evryone get their tyres from (bearing in mind i am based in newcastle upon tyne). is there anywhere better online than camskill for 4x4 tyres (i'm coming from a stripped clio 182 so not very well up on such things)

could anyone suggest what i should be going for to complement the existing bridgestones and provide good all round performance. cheaper the better really  :icon_winkle: :icon_winkle:

thanks,

tony.

scrw

Re: good all round tyre suggestion for 1995 cherokee xj
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 10:48:46 PM »

change them all, camskill is the cheapest if you can get them fitted cheaply, I have used these & liked them http://www.camskill.co.uk/m26b0s95p60778/HANKOOK_TYRES_4X4_HANKOOK_RF10_DYNAPRO_ATM_HANKOOK_RF_10_-_235_75R15_109T_TL_

YT

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 07:58:45 AM »

Bridgestrone duelers are a great all round tyre, as long as you class 'all round' as dry and in the rain. Duelers are standaard fitment on x trails. Great in the dry, great iin the rain, shit in snow, just like any other road tyre. If your wanting rubber to get ya out in snow, go for an AT, loads of folk use them on their everyday driver. I'm running MT's, but thats just me.  :icon_rolleyes:

tonaz

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 12:34:18 PM »

Bridgestrone duelers are a great all round tyre, as long as you class 'all round' as dry and in the rain. Duelers are standaard fitment on x trails. Great in the dry, great iin the rain, shit in snow, just like any other road tyre. If your wanting rubber to get ya out in snow, go for an AT, loads of folk use them on their everyday driver. I'm running MT's, but thats just me.  :icon_rolleyes:

cheers for that. just had a look at the spare and it's a pirelli scorpion, not much life in that either though. the scorpions are expensive on camskill! you know where i can get the duelers online? would rather just get one n keep them all the same i think. shame they are nee good in the snow like. hmm  :017: :icon_winkle:

thanks,

tony

warp

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 12:42:48 PM »

I've got cooper discoverer MT's on my XJ there great tyres and have a long life, would recommend the AT's if you want a day to day use tyre.

tonaz

Pages: [1]   Go Up