Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Android issue  (Read 6327 times)

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
Android issue
« on: March 20, 2014, 09:03:25 PM »

My phone no longer displays birtys as the forum, it is just like an utter shit poorly laid out all jumbled up 'word' doc - is it the phone or has something with the forum changed?

nothing has changed on any other forums so im assuming it birtys .....?

cheers
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

donk498

Re: Android issue
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 10:47:54 PM »

Works fine on my android phone. So it must be you!

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 10:49:09 PM »

I have logged in and out

Shut the phone down fully

But its virtuall unreadable its such a mess :010:
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

donk498

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 10:53:40 PM »

Have had it happen occasionally but its usually just when i have poor signal.

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 10:56:27 PM »

nope, everywhere I use it

UKJeeper

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 10:58:11 PM »

Clear the browser cache.

(or scrape the black roller paint off the antenna...)

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 11:07:09 PM »

how do I do that on a phone - Note 2?

here is what this thread looks like - just a few posts so looks readable but once a thread gets more in it it turns to gobblydegook

Nosebolt

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 11:33:14 PM »

nothing has been changed lately, it does look like you either not receiving or not processing the layout template this can happen on a bad connection or if time outs set to low.

just to check, are you viewing on a browser or tapatalk? we may be behind on a tapatalk update

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 11:48:04 PM »

on a browser - google

UKJeeper

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 11:11:44 AM »

In the browser: Menu, settings, privacy, clear browsing data.

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 01:39:09 PM »

Thank you thank you thank you UKJeeper :ace:

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 08:44:14 PM »

Dunno of anyone can help but Mrs BD has a S3 and each time she tries to connect to a website it says she can't coz BT parental controls and dns outside server blah blah but I turned off parental controls about 2 months ago as they were a PITA

Any thoughts?

Nosebolt

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 01:42:34 AM »

did you turn of both phone and router controls?

Jonny Jeep

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 11
  • Vehicle: TJ 4.0 Sport
  • Year: 1997
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 07:24:44 PM »

Found this which may help...

All,

I just recently got my S3 (T-Mobile) on opening day 21Jun12 however could not get my wifi to work properly at home. It would say "connected" on my S3 but no internet and wifi calling. In addition, when I tried to "enable" my wifi calling, I would get a REG99 error. Tech support narrowed this error to an address update on my profile (911 address info) which was updated but the problem still existed. I troubleshooted with my router and saw no problems on that end due to the fact that 8 other devices connected fine. After looking carefully at IP addresses, I noticed my S3 persistently tried to connect with an IP of 192.168.100.16 where all my other devices had an IP that started with 192.168.1.(xxx). Check to see if your S3 defaults to a conflicting IP or IP that your Router does not accept (My router accepted standard IPs from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254). Before you do the steps below, reference your Router Configuration and check your starting and ending IP addresses, Gateway IP, DNS and Alternate DNS.

Now for the fix:
If you're S3 is connected to your home wifi but no internet, wifi calling, etc.

1) Simply goto Settings
2) Click on Wifi to get to the your wi-fi networks list
3) Press AND HOLD on the connected network (The one that says connected) and a window will pop up
4) Select modify network config.
5) highlight advanced options
6) Change IP settings (dropdown) to static
7) Enter a new IP address that your router accepts (ex. 192.168.1.10). Like mentioned above, my router takes 1-256 for the last number set. Be careful to not select an IP address that's already being used. You can easily see what IPs are used in your router configuration setup (something like attached devices).
8) Make sure your gateway is similar to your router config (usually 192.168.1.1)
9) Network prefix length - I left this alone at 24
10) DNS 1 and DNS 2 can be also found in your Router Config setup. (DNS 2 is usually your alternate DNS).
11) Click save and voila (You may want to turn wifi on and off on your S3 to recycle)

After 3 tech support calls with no resolution and researching this for the last 2 weeks, I found the answer to my problems. I can understand how annoying this problem could be for some people out there so I decided to register with XDA and post this for you all.

Hope this works for some of you. Enjoy!

isle of man

• بعض العضو التناسلي النسوي...
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 6
  • Vehicle: G-Class AKA “The G spot”
  • Take the road less travelled...
    • http://www.4x4.im
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 07:26:22 PM »

Stay off tube8 !!
"Not all those who wander are lost"

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 09:10:16 PM »

Thanks JJ, unfortunately still no go - it is an S2 tho, not an S3

naturally Im not the first judging by the forums, seems to be a conflict with trusteer for a lot of people but that doesnt apply for me :die:

j33pky

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 09:06:50 AM »

My phone uses android... And seems to work fine.  if you go into your phone settings and then into network and switch the BSD to on... it will work a treat..  Mine removed all off nosebolt posts.

Jonny Jeep

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 11
  • Vehicle: TJ 4.0 Sport
  • Year: 1997
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 06:41:38 PM »

BD, reading it again methinks it's your router rather than the S2 causing the issue.

Don't know what router you use but normally you access them by typing 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. Normally you then need to login to the router, try admin and admin for user name and password. If that address or password don't work either find the instructions or google your router model to find out how to get in to it.

You may need to use the advanced settings. What you'd be looking for is the DNS settings. When you find them select obtain DNS address automatically. Then save and exit. Try going to a website on the phone which it hopefully should.

If it doesn't see if you can find an option to restore factory settings. If the router wasn't supplied by your provider you may want to find and make a note of the settings in the router before trying a reset. The main ones would be the logon name and password. Other than that internet providers usually use very similar settings, and usually have a webpage with the details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up