Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nicely broken windscreen  (Read 5482 times)

ponyracer1

Nicely broken windscreen
« on: April 25, 2005, 07:01:33 PM »

Can you believe this? Correctly installed winscreen and frame on a 98 TJ, was doing some work on the roll cage so I hinged the screen down and covered it with a blanket. It stayed like that all day. When I uncovered it and hinged it back up it was totally shattered on the off side. Looks like someone shot it right where you would look through it and it spider cracked to the edges from there. I was out there all day so I know nobody hit it and I didn't drop anything on it. Maybe the heat from the sun and the screen sitting a little crooked on the bonnet? (one side is lower due to the accident.)

Well there goes another 169 quid.....

Woody

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 07:50:10 PM »

PonyRacer

check your car insurance, a lot of the firms over here have windscreen cover with only a £50 excess and you don't lose your no claims bonus.  Had it done for my XJ.

Woody

ponyracer1

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 08:16:24 PM »

Tried that but I'm insured through a stateside company and they told me to piss off. Oh well, just one more thing to buy. One plus was that I didn't have to tape everything off when I sprayed the wind screen frame!!

trent

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 09:12:13 PM »

Shit news mate :cry:

Did you check the grassy knowl for snipers? :?
I like beer.....i use my jeep to collect more beer all the time!

ponyracer1

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 10:06:46 PM »

Piss off ya fawker, your lucky you have a yj or I'd come down and nick yours!! Guess I better start calling around tomorrow. Got the full length bikini on! Looks sweet, also got the cage finished and painted.

ponyracer1

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 09:05:55 PM »

Installed on friday for 160 including VAT, not to bad I guess.
Pages: [1]   Go Up