Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 ton continues  (Read 95612 times)

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
Re: 1 ton continues
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2011, 09:27:57 PM »

that is super you just need a manly tow rig now

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

isle of man

• بعض العضو التناسلي النسوي...
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 6
  • Vehicle: G-Class AKA “The G spot”
  • Take the road less travelled...
    • http://www.4x4.im
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2011, 09:30:15 PM »

And so the chest pumping begins!!!!
"Not all those who wander are lost"

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2011, 09:31:33 PM »

Norm's J20 wouda worked
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Warthog

• Bla, bla, bla....
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
  • Proper Job!
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2011, 01:59:26 AM »

Damn it!

Im liking this too much........

If only it was a Diesel :003:

Are you thinking, ready for Kirton Bank Holiday?

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2011, 09:50:10 AM »

Yup Kirton looks OK........ just got to check on trailer availability and hopefully have winch Bowmotored by then :icon_twisted: :icon_super:

king cj

« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2011, 01:04:01 PM »

far too pretty! needs a couple of rolls and arguments with trees then it will be proper :peekaboo:

Dave69

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 15
  • Vehicle: CJ-7 4.2 auto
  • Year: 1979
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2011, 08:33:37 PM »

i think it needs a articulation test at a morrisons carpark
XJ 2.5 diesel - dead. XJ 4.0 6" lift - sold to some lucky person
CJ7 4.2 auto standard(ish)
Alfa 147 jtdm

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2011, 09:46:40 PM »

A Prius under at least 3 wheels :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

momos

« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »

wow, very nice can't wait to see it at CF!  :icon_super:

Dave69

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 15
  • Vehicle: CJ-7 4.2 auto
  • Year: 1979
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2011, 05:28:54 PM »

you wont be the only one
XJ 2.5 diesel - dead. XJ 4.0 6" lift - sold to some lucky person
CJ7 4.2 auto standard(ish)
Alfa 147 jtdm

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2011, 02:58:34 PM »

Right then........ too hot to polish an oak table .Keep sweating into it and marking the wood with salt stains........ :jpshakehead: so I did some welding :hysterical: on some iron gates......... also shouted at a useless asian gent who sold us a crap ironing board on e-bay......... new and paypal protected so that fecker made of spagetti is going back....

So what do you do when your new to you XP motor (thanks Willo) and the motor bolts arrive from Mr G.Pin.......
put the fecker on I think.......

Naturally I dont make life easy for myself....why do that??????

So winch is sunk below bumper and hard back against grill shell paper thick away........
So lifting it in hurt back......... now walking like Mick Mars from Motley Crue.......
XP has cap on motor so had to 'relieve grill with disc cutter :icon_super:....... winch and mount out and in again....twice....
Then wouldn't spool in did all lecky tests motor fine connections not..my bad..dumb hippy :jpshakehead:

Works like a dream now .pulled Jeep across drive at walking pace so that itself is impressive......

So here's some pix........ the brass lever thing on bottom left  is my 'panic off' for me or winch man if all turns to poo....... some have em inside some have both..... we'll see .......
The winch mount has webs welded from 6mm plate both sides and is not just 2 horizontal pieces extending the mount.... all bolt holes thro chassis are lined with dom..... tried to over engineer wherever pos....... only a shakedown will tell.
[attachment=1]
[attachment=2]
[attachment=4]
[attachment=3]

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2011, 03:01:50 PM »

and here's 2 more
[attachment=1]
[attachment=2]

Just need to use it now......... got a trailer for Kirton...... Aug Bank Holiday........... anyone going??

willo

• Guru
  • Vehicle: CJ7
  • Year: 1982
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2011, 05:26:34 PM »

Then wouldn't spool in did all lecky tests motor fine connections not..my bad..dumb hippy :jpshakehead:

Works like a dream now .pulled Jeep across drive at walking pace so that itself is impressive......

had me going at that point!

king cj

« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2011, 08:41:09 PM »

i hope to be at kirton aug weekend mate might have to work but i,ll be down on an evening for sure. i,ve got just the place to try that winch and those tires and your lockers and.......etc hehe

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2011, 11:51:58 PM »

:100: :100: :steeringwheel: :100:

No locker on front and only gov-loc in rear..........  :jump_125:

Need a new carrier in rear for detroit that's sitting patiently on workshop floor :jpshakehead:

king cj

« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2011, 01:10:52 AM »

gov bomb eh, i had one in the gmc, worked very well, got one in the chev its broken (wasnt me)

if it all goes wrong ive got my pto winch rigged up now and to say im impressed with it is an understament :icon_super:

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2011, 12:42:42 PM »

Shakedown at Kirton........
[attachment=1]

Spent 2 days with King CJ and the crew at Kirton................. with the 1 ton.........

Testing all the bits :icon_biggrin:

Well my weldings up to snuff.......... nothing has cracked off .yet.......... that was my biggest concern!
[attachment=2]

Brakes have improved and are now great.......you just have to push pedal half down to fill those 'big fecker  1 ton calipers' .... it'll hold on the steepest of slopes........... and for the first time in its life it has a hand brake that works after 2 min in the mud.......in fact holds on any slope............ might now be able to get out on more than just the flat :icon_twisted:

Tyres are the bollix and almost make up for no lockers............. only tyres in air cause stoppage...so lockers this
winter.

The bad bits.......................
Didn't tighten the clamp for exhaust downpipe.........so it blew off...........13mm wrench and a welding glove to hold and now cured........

Sweak from tranfer case as I have it too close to floor :jpshakehead: disc cutter and metal glue again this winter :icon_twisted:

Oil loss from front diff............. well it would help if cap headed screws were more than hand tight :jpshakehead:
cos the diff cover is getting a ragging from the hyro ram  :icon_twisted: Sorted now lost a half cup of oil so not too bad.....

Thats it apart from squeaky suspension again forgot to lube the shackle zerks :icon_twisted:

Oh and the full hydro steering is a dream........... went most places I usually go at Kirton and got severley pretzel tied up in the steering and suspension and the full hydro just turned the wheels allowing super tight turning to get out......lovely......
[attachment=3]

Monster clean up on Holiday Monday so next stop CF :icon_super:

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2011, 01:05:37 PM »

Congrats mate, hell of a build so u must be made up it all works  :038:
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

willo

• Guru
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2011, 04:52:21 PM »

love it, very jealous, time to find some D60's for mine........

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2011, 05:00:46 PM »

well Norm has a rear

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2011, 11:19:59 AM »

And there was that geezer in Leics that I went to see cos he had a Ford 60......... turned out to be a Dodge 3/4 ton with Dana 60 photographed upside down......... still it was a Dana 60 and with Norms rear there's your pair....both 8 lugs stud pattern as well............. go for it....Willo :icon_twisted: :icon_super:

willo

• Guru
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2011, 09:30:11 PM »

And there was that geezer in Leics that I went to see cos he had a Ford 60......... turned out to be a Dodge 3/4 ton with Dana 60 photographed upside down......... still it was a Dana 60 and with Norms rear there's your pair....both 8 lugs stud pattern as well............. go for it....Willo :icon_twisted: :icon_super:
Unfortunately, got other details to get sorted first :icon_rolleyes:

doublej

« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2011, 04:31:38 PM »

MATE!!! that thing is damn sexy!! sucks so bad i am not there anymore to force you into follow the leader. the YJ deff looks just as sexy as the TJ. Job Well Done Mate - Job WELL DONE!
but is it ever done? lol

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2011, 05:01:44 PM »

Mucho thanks..............was a veritable monkey once it got started........................ and then got raped over bringing tires in under new lesbo tree hugging rules but couldn't stop at that point :icon_twisted:

Hydro steer is sweet .............. and turning circle better than it was as a YJ................... :icon_biggrin:

Just gotta get lockers in front and back.................. got list to purchase on e-bay at moment.................. 14 bolt only had gov bomb in it so got to get new carrier to fit detroit currently looking lonely on shop floor.

Send us pics of desert weather................... :icon_biggrin: we need it now :icon_super: :icon_super:

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2011, 01:44:51 PM »

Winch things................. :icon_twisted:

Well the 8274 disgraced itself in the Sheepdip at Cheapfest by spitting cable out when it had been told to 'Shut the feck off!"

So thanks to Warthog and a well winched up XJ for the extraction! :icon_super:

So had to be the solenoid eh???
[attachment=1]

2 very old ones and the others are cheap ones apparently...........

So ponied up for an Allbright and fitted inside in the warm and dry it should have an easier life?
[attachment=2]

It will look neater........... took a while to get right ...... would help if i could read a wiring diagram whislt talking to someone else :jpshakehead:

Then after all that the in cab switches work like a dream but the hand control............ another story.......
[attachment=3]

It was a loose wire that threw the winch into reverse at CF................bugger.............. still
New wiring
6 hp motor
new solenoid..........
its as good as a budget system is gonna get.............. for now.

And then clean up and some red paint................ had run out of black and this is brake caliper paint that I thought to be toooooo ghay for putting on the brakes :icon_twisted:
[attachment=4]

Next step............ bleed some cash to the  US of A for axle bits to lock it all up :icon_super:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22   Go Up