Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 ton continues  (Read 95555 times)

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
Re: 1 ton continues
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2011, 04:37:56 PM »

ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh  :icon_super: anyone used the allbright copy i only have a shetland pony to spend on such sexyness

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

bigjeepzj

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 22
  • lift it, brake it, Fix it brake it, fix it again
« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2011, 07:13:36 PM »

Got one fitted works fine but only used once in anger
But only need to use winch once.
am going to a Write up as i did in cab , front grill control  and a remote wireless controller.
to give me some options on winch control.  :icon_super:

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2011, 07:22:47 PM »

The 'Big Off' switch was the one that saved me..........twice so far in 1 year :icon_twisted:

Warthog

• Bla, bla, bla....
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
  • Proper Job!
« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2011, 05:29:55 PM »

ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh  :icon_super: anyone used the allbright copy i only have a shetland pony to spend on such sexyness

I have 2 , and they have work for 3 years.

donk498

« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2011, 06:49:20 PM »

I'm also using one and it was good enough to drag wildwood on a cheap chinese winch :icon_super:

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2011, 11:23:35 PM »

yup.............. ta for the tug :icon_biggrin: :icon_super:

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #156 on: November 08, 2011, 04:33:01 PM »

Now here's a thing.......aarrgghh :lol_hitting: :lol_hitting:

The easiest part of putting in a Lockright should be taking diff cover off and tapping roll pin out from centre pin.......

but.........I think someone has been in here before me :jpshakehead:

Bugger wont move....... have now sent out for a long  punch/drift  to help...... got a feeling won't make any odds though.

Looks like what should have been an easy job this evening may now be a job for grownups........ bugger :017:

Anyone been here before???

Nosebolt

« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2011, 05:26:42 PM »

no but got one waiting to go in so will be keeping an eye on how this goes

thanks for trailblazing  :003:

donk498

« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2011, 06:43:15 PM »

Only on a d35, when I was removing the shaft retaining screw it came half out then snapped. Beat the fuck out of the shaft to break off what was left of the screw then removed the remains after the shaft was out. But don't know on your big axles :017: bigger hammer :icon_biggrin:

Dave69

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 15
  • Vehicle: CJ-7 4.2 auto
  • Year: 1979
« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2011, 07:20:41 PM »

padded gloves or use some mole grips to hold the punch whilst using the heavy hammer
XJ 2.5 diesel - dead. XJ 4.0 6" lift - sold to some lucky person
CJ7 4.2 auto standard(ish)
Alfa 147 jtdm

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2011, 07:35:16 PM »

some only drive out in one direction so you use a thin one to get out and a thicker one to go in

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2011, 09:46:37 PM »

Followed the instructions from Pirate that had pics and like them drove out from left to right as you sit in front of your rig. Seems its a long old bugger and 8mm so thats the size of big mother I've orderd................. tried it with old screwdriver cut to resemble drift but some how didn't work.............. 8mm bolt .bent and didn't work. Stopping before I hurt myself was maybe a good idea............... will keep you posted.
Otherwise its ring and carrier out and a job for a grown up............... :jpshakehead:. which would be a shame as it should be a 40 min job :banghead:

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 4
« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2011, 11:16:28 PM »

If the 60 is like a bigger version of the 30s and 44s then just prybar the thing out.
The shims are inboard of the bearings so you wont alter anything and it will be far easier to manipulate and see what you are doing on a bench, just make sure the bearing caps go back as they came out (they should be stamped anyway) and also that they are torqued back up properly.  :003:
3.0TD (proper fuel) Toyota powered CJ6, 1981 4.2L "Montana" blue CJ8,1982 "Cack" Brown CJ8 slowly getting a Chevy V6 and a lot of welding...

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2011, 09:34:36 PM »

New long punch arrived when I was out so wont get it till Monday..bugger......

However was having a google tonight and a few post of the same prob so i dont feel toooooo bad.

Otherwise I'll take your advice Mr Sparky.

While I was indulging in a one legged arse kicking competition I realised I had all the parts to lock the diffs .........but with thick r and p for the rear and new carrier and r and p for the front I could get the gearing to what it should be for 40's ie 5.38 and not the 4.10 it is now....... so .....if no removal poss of the roll pin I will go that route in new year when have more fluff accrued :icon_twisted:

In the meantime I have the tube and steel sheet for the tube/flat fenders that arrived on friday late afternoon........ maybe I can get those done before end of year :icon_super:

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #164 on: November 21, 2011, 02:01:19 PM »

Tube fender alert.............. Weekend metal mayhem :smilie_winki:

Have cut one fender to pieces so I'm not going anywhere till the jobs done then :jpshakehead:

Got a pipe bender Mau Mart stylee from the bay ..new for £88 delivered     ....... whoopeedo........not!

they don't call it the 'Kinkmaster' for nothing.

However you'll not notice when done... (and covered/disguised)......... and I've also found a way to do very nice 90 degree bends with no wrinkle now :icon_super: :icon_super: So the next set will be nice......... :icon_biggrin:

Have now got to get more tube for the fender flares that need 1.5 metres each and I'm doing the rear as well ..... so that's a 6 metre length then.....thats handy..... (cos they come that length :hysterical:)

Pics to follow when it looks like I know what I'm doing...... don't hold breath..... :icon_super:

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2011, 06:51:40 PM »

lookin forward to the pics dood :greggmo:
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2011, 06:43:59 PM »

So here's some pics of the progress to date...............
[attachment=1]
Spinal Tap stage prop???? Noooo tis the kink master
[attachment=2]
you can see where the rollers kink..........but the wonders of welding and the flap wheel and grinder..........oooh yes!
[attachment=3]
kept the inner arches to keep mud from engine elex and computer ecu and stuff
[attachment=5]
Bad bend and OK bend............ one day a proper tube bender awaits me...........
[attachment=4]
no bend in this....... can't see why they do one on the shop bought ones??? will have removeable panel here as space is now soooo tight.... no room for fingers and righty tighty stuff.

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2011, 06:54:52 PM »

And yet more mayhem...... decided to abuse the kink meister and make it work.........ggrrrrr :icon_twisted:

20mm solid bent to 180 degree and turned into a widget.......... can you guess what it is yet???
[attachment=1]

Ripped this off the King of the Hammers buggies........... tis a mirror mount...... just nee a 5" round mirror (on order)
[attachment=2
[attachment=3]
Today did the right side and stuff........... also took apart and welded and sanded the crimped marks .... so now looks like done by a grown up :hysterical: after this pic was taken obviously :jpshakehead:
[attachment=4]
[attachment=5]
Front view........... now to do the flares and sheet the lot in 2mm ........... lot of time for not a lot to show at the moment :jump_125:

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2011, 05:04:32 PM »

Right then finally got it all back together.So here's some pics......

The flares are 7" which is as wide as I would like to go but was needed to almost cover a full width Dana there's still 2and a half inches at least sticking out......

Just means that lt keeps the  mud out of the cab and me :icon_twisted:
[attachment=1]
[attachment=2]
[attachment=3]
[attachment=4]
[attachment=6]
[attachment=5]

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2011, 05:13:12 PM »

And these are the panels that bolt in to allow hands and spanners to attach the fender.......

All held on by 6 bolts now and easy to remove :icon_twisted:
[attachment=1]
[attachment=2]

So what have I learnt................ :hysterical: :hysterical:

Well if I was doing another I would not bother to integrate the original inner arch....Pain in the butt cutting and welding that on.........
No, if I do another one it will be.....take original fender off in its entirety...... and fabricate afresh........ making inners is sooooo easy after you have the outer done.

The angle of the fender without the flare is 90 degree and the flare joins at 45 degree..... this was to enable trees to be leant against and not to hook up to a flare at 90 degrees....if you follow.

Any way I now have 2 nice picnic tables for Birty gatherings :hysterical:

Nosebolt

« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2011, 05:50:47 PM »

must be the angle os the photo but I can't see the pockets on that snooker table you got on the front. :hysterical: :hysterical:

does look good m8 nice job

Warthog

• Bla, bla, bla....
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
  • Proper Job!
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2011, 06:44:42 PM »

This Project, could make me buy a Jeep!

Liking it Jez :icon_super:

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2011, 07:40:02 PM »

talent dood  :greggmo:
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2012, 11:35:53 AM »

God its been a time since a last '1 Ton post' ........ :jpshakehead:

Had to sell a few body parts to get going again.......(well a big old spindle moulder and cutters actually)..... so now I have....
a Baileigh tube notcher....... tube bender arriving later this month........

Just done the shipping on new R and Ps for the 60 and 14 bolt...5.38s..deepest you can go on a 14 bolt...... plus all bits like install kits and stuff that mounts up (feck).

Got bored over the new year and to get away from listening to the MIL talking bollix for England  and being a bit Daily Mail.... i retreated to the workshop to weld practice on 1mm sheet.   feck its not easy......

Ended up ripping the plastic Demon Tweaks scoop off the hood and fabbing a huge ugly mansize mother to get that honkin' KandN air filter under there.........

But you dont want to see that do you......... :hysterical:

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #174 on: February 03, 2012, 11:43:31 AM »

Couldn't get any of these little buggers over here so got a 1 3/4 and 1 1/4 coming over.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170742480790?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_951

might make life more accurate :icon_twisted:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22   Go Up