Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jeep WJ limp mode issues  (Read 868 times)

GAZWJCRD

Jeep WJ limp mode issues
« on: October 13, 2015, 09:43:00 PM »

Hi everyone, I hope your all well!! I'm Gaz and I have recently bought a damaged WJ. I have been looking forward to getting it on the road and after having the front straightened and a few panels replaced I now have more issues  :010:

The battery on the jeep was dead and not holding charge so the first thing was to replace it. I then did the key cycle and got an erray of codes (might add at this point the jeep was in limp mode and EML was lit) p0340 p1652 p1242 p1685 p1511. I seem to think it's electrical somewhere, but I have had the auto spark look and he can't see any issues. He has resided to the fact the ECU is dead. I obviously changed the cam sensor as per p0340 and the other codes seem to refer to can bus message systems and skim (which I assume they both work as they both start the car  and unlock ect). One thing I did learn, was while in the repair centre, they put a small tack weld on the front panel without disconnecting the battery. As far as I am concerned, the jeep ran and drove fine prior to this. I am just looking for any ideas before I chuck more money into having the ECU tested £45+vat and maybe repaired £250+vat. It is in limp mode which is the biggest pain as it renders the car useless.

Thanks in advance and if anyone knows a good guy in Chester area that can be of help, then I'm all ears

Ta Gaz
Pages: [1]   Go Up