Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xj Exhaust question  (Read 1612 times)

dawn1

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: xj
  • Year: 97
Xj Exhaust question
« on: October 17, 2019, 09:27:32 AM »

Hi all
I have a 96 / 97 XJ . I have a hole in the back box so splashed out on a new one complete with tail pipe. It arrived and I noticed the box is oval ( as it seems the standard ones are ) . The current one on my car is cylindrical !!After offering the new one up it seems to me it is not going to fit as the prop will rub on it, also the hangers are in the right place, I took it to a couple of local garages who agreed saying just get the cylindrical box , sounds easy ??  After a day of research and speaking to various suppliers they all want to sell me an oval box , which I already have !!
 I think the down pipes are standard the cat is where it should be the Car does have an underslung lpg tank which may slightly alter the end pipe routing all this is well after the box and prop though
Has anyone any ideas or come across this before. I attach a pic of the current back box
Many thanks in advance for ideas / help

Regards
Guy

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
Re: Xj Exhaust question
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 12:18:05 PM »

No I’ve never seen one like that before. Usually they are a massive oval thing. You could find a generic box and get someone to weld the pipes on for you but it’s a bit more faff than a quick visit to Kwik Fit (not that I’d ever recommend going there!!)

dawn1

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: xj
  • Year: 97
Re: Xj Exhaust question
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 08:43:56 AM »

Thanks James
I appreciate your time, I guess its the faff option then

Cheers Guy
Pages: [1]   Go Up