Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WK 3.0 CRD - ABS/BSP traction control bollocks  (Read 3186 times)

Dutch

• The Curator
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 12
WK 3.0 CRD - ABS/BSP traction control bollocks
« on: April 03, 2020, 12:43:44 PM »

Gents,

Please remind me the key trick to get codes for the 2006 WK 3.0   (tried 3,4,5 & 6 times but cant get the buggers to show)

Will be abs sensor on the hub but cant see which one.

Can I get in there with brake cleaner to see if it is dust only or is it a wheel off jobbie and remove and inspect all sensors..... if they want to come out in one piece.

Thanks.

Jeepless :-( 2006 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster 3.2 V6 - 1993 Yamaha FJ1200

The Smiths

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
Re: WK 3.0 CRD - ABS/BSP traction control bollocks
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 11:17:19 PM »

Don't think key trick would show which sensor - same as most OBD readers will not.

I doubt you will get the sensor out in one piece - heat a screw and then screw it in, ool it off and use a claw hammer to extract - or buy anew hub with sensor
If you always do what you have always done You will always get what you have always got
Please give to our Mac4x4 fund: http://www.justgiving.com/The-Smiths-2015

Jonny Jeep

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 11
  • Vehicle: TJ 4.0 Sport
  • Year: 1997
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 10:43:17 AM »

We used to have the odd issue with ABS sensors on my dad's old Rover 800. We used to check continuity of the sensors to find which one was bad. I can't remember the normal impedance (about 1-2k ohm i think) but I think they went high impedance/open circuit when they failed. It just means you have to unplug each one to test and find out which is bad.

FSM test for the sensors is to backprobe the connectors whilst still connected, ignition on. Spinning the wheel slowly, voltage should toggle between approximately 0.8 and 1.6V.

I think measuring the resistance should work though as a way of finding the bad sensor. Had a problem sensor on a friends Honda CRX years ago. There were lights on the ABS controller to tell which one. Bolts and nuts were so corroded though that there was no way to get to the sensor (rear near side). I stuck a long blower in and blasted it with air which did the trick for several months before they needed to repeat it.

Dutch

• The Curator
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 12
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 07:17:21 PM »

Thanks JJ but leccy is a black art to me and don't have the equipment.  Even if I did prolly wouldn't know how to use it  :003:

Took OS front wheel, caliper & disc off and tried to wiggle sensor which as on que in the YouTube vids broke off.

Drilled the remainder out.

Got a few new ones now so will put those in and see what gives.

Jeepless :-( 2006 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster 3.2 V6 - 1993 Yamaha FJ1200

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 10:43:24 PM »

You might find like me that you’ve now got shit in it and the fault stays even with a new sensor. I bought a new bearing with sensor fitted from rock auto in the end. The old one is still on my work bench to clean out. Roll on 2025 when I get time.

The Smiths

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 11:43:47 PM »

Thanks JJ but leccy is a black art to me and don't have the equipment.  Even if I did prolly wouldn't know how to use it  :003:

Took OS front wheel, caliper & disc off and tried to wiggle sensor which as on que in the YouTube vids broke off.

Drilled the remainder out.

Got a few new ones now so will put those in and see what gives.

If you drilled it out, some will probably will have gone in - it will take out new sensor - hence saying use a screw (been here and done it....)
If you always do what you have always done You will always get what you have always got
Please give to our Mac4x4 fund: http://www.justgiving.com/The-Smiths-2015
Pages: [1]   Go Up