Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Girlie Question!  (Read 4359 times)

Anonymous

Girlie Question!
« on: July 11, 2005, 05:02:27 PM »

My TJ seems to be very poorly indeed bless it  :(  When i start it up it seems to start ok but then starts to cough & Splutter and kangaroo. As long as i dip the clutch and keep the revs up it keeps running!
I ran the tank very low the other day.... Could it be i have managed to suck some Shit up. Does it have an in line petrol filter that i can clear out?? Or could it be something electrical?

greggmo

• Founder
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 2
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 05:15:23 PM »

hi lisa, this could be a number of things. try a new set of leeds and a distributor cap first and see what happens. try filling the tank up and give it a blast up the motorway, clean it out. 8)  hows you anyway? we aint seen ya for ages.

Tank

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 05:26:51 PM »

I had a similar problem on an old car of mine and it turned out to be electrics(coil shot),but if you say you run tank low then its possible to drag up some crap and block filters/jets so i`d try fuel system first and electrics second.Not sure about a Tj but my XJ has a inline filter up behind rear passenger side wheel.Could be filter,could even be a partial airlock in the line,but im not really able to say much without seeing/hearing for myself.Im sure some of the more mechanically minded members will be on to offer more advice to help more directly,but good luck in getting it sorted :D  :D

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 10:13:52 AM »

Hi Guy's, Thanks so much for your help. Its very concerning when your kangarooing down the road in violent outburts. I do get some very funny looks!!  :shock:  Its desperate for a service so guess i better get it sorted out!!  Hows everyone up there?? I know i havent seen you all for ages. I will deff make an effort to come up there very soon...... You got a comfy floor??  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up