Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2013 cheapfest  (Read 13158 times)

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
2013 cheapfest
« on: September 10, 2012, 03:15:45 PM »

right folks next years event needs planning do you guys have any comments to make to make next years betterer than ever 
 i think

1 to get the night run in the birty team should organise the pizza run ........i reckon orders in by 530 for a 600pm order would see it delivered and eat for 8 in time for the run
2 catering we are wondering about an attempt at a butty burger stand/van  2013 might be a practice for the 2014 10th aniversary 
3 planning ahead can we justify 3 days for the 10 aniversary ?? plus properly invite other clubs ?
4 the fire next year we need more dry pallet wood so a plan for that needs forming................. the drag ins burnt fairly slow and were not overly warm and hence not as welcoming 
5 fire works i think they are a good bit of fun .......... a bit of planning i think

all comments are welcome good and bad we cant improve without input from you

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

big_patrol

Re: 2013 cheapfest
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 03:50:36 PM »

I think that sounds like a good idea for the night run.
I wouldnt be fussed about catering but I would imagine others would use it.
3 days for the anniversary sounds really good to me. the extra time would give a good chance to run a few more of the little comps ie trials, punch hunt and maybe a few other bits
I brought the stack of pallets that got launched on, on sat night and im happy to bring some again next year but can only fit so much on. If others did the same we would be fine I think
Not sure how it would work but some kind of firework fund for us all to chip into maybe?

For me this years cheapfest was one of the best off road weekend aways I have ever had.
My only complaing was the barking dog on friday night (all night) but thats well out of birty's hands.

Also if you could book the same weather again next year as driving round with no doors and not getting rained on rules.

I sadly couldnt make it any earlier than I did on friday but i future I would happily get there and lend a helping hand to get things set up

Danny

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 05:13:41 PM »

I think what you've mentioned is spot on. With a bit of planning I could sort out some firewood too but there's a limit even with a trailer.

Maybe bring 1 or 2 fireworks each? With how many people came that would be quite a display.

A definite schedule for eating and driving a night run is probably a good idea.

Getting a date set and advertised early is always a good thing for any event.

3 or even 4 days for an anniversary is a good idea, even if some come for 1/2/3 of those days.

Maybe a posing RTI ramp, crazy mud-run, club BBQ, set time to meet up for a go at a trial section (maybe limit numbers and have more than one session), similar stuff to get people together and photo moments??

willo

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: CJ7
  • Year: 1982
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 05:19:16 PM »

Maybe a posing RTI ramp, crazy mud-run, club BBQ, set time to meet up for a go at a trial section (maybe limit numbers and have more than one session), similar stuff to get people together and photo moments??

:iagree:

i tried to bring some wood, but couldn't find anywhere to put it :003:

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 05:23:29 PM »

First time I've made it for the Friday afternoon, and can say it made for a relaxing W/E With time  to chill before Saturday metal thrash.... :icon_super: :king:

so Yes three day event yes yes yes

also agree with posted times for trials and tricky hills :icon_biggrin: etc for easier to gather photo ops......

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 06:04:20 PM »

the wood issue i have a bit of an idea my work gets a lot of skids and blocks in with the scrap metal i think i can bring at least one sankey trailer load on the thurs night

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

gazjeep

• Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 9
  • Vehicle: TJ - Der Panzer - CBR
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 06:12:27 PM »

Like the sound of dedicated challenges, trials & the like. Even if not taking part, spectating watching the more modified trucks having a go would be good photo opportunities & gatherings at certain places & something maybe for the standard vehicles / 1 st timers.

:icon_super:
Taking ya girl to heaven & back

robsrotti

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 06:18:20 PM »

I had a great weekend this year and to top it next year would be a big ask
I'm sure that people could bring at least one firework with them as they are sold in plenty of places
I would'nt bother with a burger van
If the logs dragged in were cut and split they would burn better, pallets are fine but burn to fast so a mix of both. I would happily bring a chain saw and axe
Maybe a prise of a free entry to a birty,s event for the person who gets the most punch,s combined with the lowest trials score
And just great weather again please

Warthog

• Bla, bla, bla....
  • Forum Member
  • Proper Job!
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 06:37:59 PM »

Maybe a prise of a free entry to a birty,s event for the person who gets the most punch,s combined with the lowest trials score.

The punch and trials activity, without each punch/gate being attended by a Marshal. Would encourage a lot of potential problems, people's competitive spirit to win can raise its head. Thus rules and regulations have to be upheld etc. That's why the punches and trials have always been a way to get people off the standard tracks. With bragging rights to ya mates being the prize.

Proof of that is the punch locations every year get moved from where they started out :icon_rolleyes: :hysterical:

Just my thoughts on this one.

Still doable but could make the activities a little anal :icon_winkle:

tedthefed

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 4
  • Vehicle: JLUR
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 07:22:41 PM »

For the 10th Birthday Bash if the site was booked early enough could we get the August Bank Hoilday for the 3 day event just thinking about school for the ones who attend.
opps didn't see that

MOCAJ

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 08:05:39 PM »

night run and fireworks is a must but we will have to close the site a bit earlier so we can get sorted. Bring a firework maybe an option.

Our PLI does not allow us to be competitive so cannot give no prizes, strickly for fun guys  :icon_winkle:
short term jeep owner since 2005, every truck is a never ending project. Birtys, the best club in Jeepland

Cockney Boy

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 08:23:04 PM »

How about on the saturday night we have a company supply a Hog Roast (big fuck off pig on a spit) so we dont have to faf about with cooking after a hard days talking bollox and taking the piss.

donk498

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 08:35:16 PM »

We could always do a big joint bbq, provided somewhere/someone to cook and folk bring there own stuff to put on. That means everyone eats at same sort of time.

I'm happy to build a trailable rti ramp to bring along (If no ones got one already). Been thinking about that doing anyway.

With more notice could have brought a trailer of wood along, will do next time.

robsrotti

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 08:36:44 PM »

How about on the saturday night we have a company supply a Hog Roast (big fuck off pig on a spit) so we dont have to faf about with cooking after a hard days talking bollox and taking the piss.

Hog roasts cost alot of fluf you be looking at more than £500

Cockney Boy

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 08:48:47 PM »

Based on 40 people attending, it's £12 each and that would include all the bis that go with it, rolls, sauce.

scrw

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 09:02:47 PM »

Always fancied riding round Ribbo on my MTB, maybe an hour or so set aside for pushbikes and RC stuff only ??

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 09:04:04 PM »

get up early
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

scrw

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 09:06:24 PM »

Doubt I will be staying TBH, if I was I am adverse to early anyway.

chrisjones

• Forum Member
  • Vehicle: Dogface
  • Sometimes I wonder....
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 09:24:53 PM »

I've always fancied he idea of letting the mountain bike loose on the site too.

There's a few routes down through the woods I'd love to have a bash at.
God was my copilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him.

Warthog

• Bla, bla, bla....
  • Forum Member
  • Proper Job!
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 09:26:24 PM »

Have specs for a RTI ramp, i'll send to ya if you like Dave?

In the process of making a "Homebrew" hog roaster. Should be fine tuned by next summer.
Pigs are around £250 a carcass.

That and Donks smoker, could make for some tasty food.

A nice spicy marinade could be in order too :003:

scrw

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 06:38:00 AM »

Pigs are around £250 a carcass.

well should be able to help out there next year, piggies are planned soon

momos

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 11:19:54 AM »

we missed the bits auction and night drive too
3 days would be good, spit roast even better
maybe a treasure hunt for the nippers? or some kind of enroute quiz?
dog show/trials? there were enough of the buggers!
fancy dress competition

hi my name is and i drive a......lots of new faces would have been nice to know who was who

cake competition for misses and kids?

as long as there are birties and jeeps, can't go wrong  :icon_biggrin:

Cockney Boy

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 12:38:24 PM »

Well i can plan a Clay shooting competition. Just need permission form the owner and some land where we can corden off so nobody gets shot.

Nosebolt

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 12:49:44 PM »

Well i can plan a Clay shooting competition. Just need permission form the owner and some land where we can corden off so nobody gets shot.

I can't go if you do :icon_redface:, not allowed to play with guns anymore :hysterical:

willo

• Guru
  • Vehicle: CJ7
  • Year: 1982
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 03:17:21 PM »

Sorry to be a doom monger but i go to offroading events cos i want to go offroading. If i wanted to go clay pigeon shooting i'd go clay pigeon shooting event
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up