Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 2015 events  (Read 64513 times)

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
Re: 2015 events
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2015, 08:00:46 PM »

I could insure mine but would then also need tax so that's about £700 to find. I do want to get to 7 Sisters but might have to miss Clyro as I hadn't really planned for the outlay.

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2015, 08:10:08 PM »

Isn't it just the MOT that they want to see......
Insurance and tax are not relavent......are they????

Saw an old shitter of a YJ and thought ...lllmmmmmm. Get an MOT on that and apply the plates to mine :hysterical:

I'm joking.....lol

big g

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2015, 08:39:00 PM »

Thought that only worked on landys :017:

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2015, 10:18:37 PM »

Jez, do you not know a dodgy webbed foot mechanic out in the norfolk badlands they will do you a mot over the phone?
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

cuffm

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: XJ
  • Year: 1998
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2015, 10:25:00 PM »

I think Bubba is spot on, this is not an easy one to sort and there is no way J33P can please all the people all the time. When making my recommendations to the committee reference club rules, I considered many factors, for example club sustainability vs risk for club vs club image vs trailered vehicles vs club history. I am acutely aware of the cost of insurance and the fact that it means you need road tax, and it may discourage folks from coming to J33P events, the start of a downward spiral, especially as vehicles become older / potential changes in the law that may put up road tax / ban on a particular class of vehicle - boy would I like a crystal ball.  Consider this scenario, Saturday evening John parks up his non-insured Cherokee at the top of a sloping field, in the middle of the night the handbrake fails and the Cherokee runs down the hill and stoves in the front of Richards tow vehicle. As John has no insurance, Richard is reliant upon John covering the damage out of his own pocket / claiming on his insurance / holding the event organisers responsible. I can hear you saying, it will never happen, unfortunately something very similar did, the guying owning the uninsured vehicle disappearing after leaving site. Has J33P got it right, I don't know, ask me next year. In the end, I stand by my recommendations, especially as I am currently at the top of J33P tree and hence would be in the firing line. Anybody fancy a job! However are they correct, only time will tell.  Will other clubs go down the same route?  Will PLI provider mandate MOT/insurance/road tax?  Will we be able to get PLI next year? A bit of a ramble I know, just trying to put folks in the picture.

Mike C aka Cuffy

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2015, 10:37:45 PM »

These threads can often sound like a load if people grumbling but I know from my perspective it's about knowing the rules and working out what events I can / can't do and what I need to plan for (like insurance).

On a much wider note, I can see the regulation of this kind of stuff could quite easily change and become much stricter in the future. It doesn't seem unrealistic that I would end up IVA testing my XJ, getting additional engineer report testing and/or scrutineering and needing full MSA spec everything (cage etc.) just to drive stuff like the rocks at 7 Sisters. The alternative is to modify a bit less and keep everything a bit more tame like a lot of European countries where they can only go up a small percentage in tyre size and suspension.

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2015, 10:38:55 PM »

:imwitstupid: I can only speak personally but J33 can have whatever rules they like mate, same as birtys do - we can fit in or not bother to attend, easy come easy go. It does seem that more trailers are turning up at birtys events and Im planning long term to go on a similar route so it will be interesting how it will work out long term.
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

cuffm

• Guru
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2015, 11:21:18 PM »

After 15 years I'm almost back where I started, road legal TJ, trailer queen TJ, tubular buggy, road legal Cherokee.

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2015, 11:47:35 PM »

But am I right in thinking Mike that only two of this can go to J33 events...???

Bulldog: yes I do know a dubious MOT tester in Deliverance county.......he got busted 18 months ago.......  ( and I never used him.......noooooo!)

It's all about having fun....... Years ago I was involved in a Peterborough off road club which was MSA blue book ruled.......IE trials and RTV trials etc but not play days.......

No prob with trailered vehicles with no MOT......all had to go through scruitineering......end of...

Hey.....but  what do I know.....???? :strum:

cuffm

• Guru
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2015, 12:06:08 AM »

Wildwood, agree it was much easier when we first met, somebody else did all the work and nobody had heard of "no win, no fee". Only the buggy can't go to J33P events (self inflicted), but hey ho.  To me play day style of events are the problem.  Go down the competitive route and become MSA affiliated could be the answer.   

The Smiths

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2015, 01:35:43 AM »

Afternoon, any thoughts on the dates for Birties at Kirton?

Think talk is coming to KORC the 2nd to 4th October one we are organising.

And we are just paying and using the KORC insurance which is included in the entry.
If you always do what you have always done You will always get what you have always got
Please give to our Mac4x4 fund: http://www.justgiving.com/The-Smiths-2015

Ezz

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 2
  • Vehicle: TJ
  • Year: 1997
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2015, 06:31:15 AM »

I'm a member of another club that is MSA affiliated, all they do is a quick scrutineering check, sign on the dotted line, put a few punches out and away we go,
2009 JK Rubicon now sold
1997 TJ wrangler 4.0, jk rubicon 5.38 geared  axles, 38.5 mud treps,  101" wheelbase

jay140285

« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2015, 08:43:00 AM »

Well anything this side of September until Nat is back at work rules me out if MOT is required.

isle of man

• بعض العضو التناسلي النسوي...
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 6
  • Vehicle: G-Class AKA “The G spot”
  • Take the road less travelled...
    • http://www.4x4.im
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2015, 08:56:08 AM »

Indeed, MSA blue book for the IOM4X4 club also.
"Not all those who wander are lost"

georgen

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2015, 04:45:06 PM »

Georgen,

I have no idea about an engineers report? If such a thing did exist, for J33P to except, the issuer would have to act as insurers for the vehicle. So I expect cost would be prohibitve. But please feel to research and report back.

Mike C
[/quote]

Well a quick Google shows that they do exist Actually, and currently a lot of insurance company's hold a right to ask for one on modified vehicles. One thing that puzzles me about your quote is If these Accredited company,s are good enough for most of the insurance company,s out there, why would they have to act as insurers of the said vehicle, when all your asking for is a current MOT, these reports take the grey area,s out of modifications as in, is it safe done to the required level etc. etc.   
I wasn't trying to Bend any rules you have, and would not be attending any of your events, I was just trying to help others with a problem they have attending your events so put forward I thought a reasonable response since these reports are far more specific than a MOT.
I can see as the Man at the top, your head is on the block IF anything happens and because of the way the world behaves these days, someone has to be blamed, then sued, then shunned and stoned.
Personally I wish People would not get so Paranoid and use a little common sense in these matters with club members at official meets.

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2015, 04:59:23 PM »

For those slightly East of the A1 in Cambs  :icon_biggrin: that's me and not a lot of others but some may be west a bit???

It seem that LROAC.  (Lard rover apparently) have events at Yarwell £40 per vehicle pay and play and trailered vehicles welcome.....been there before and a good day out.

Seem to be at the last weekend of each month.......anyone,want to come????? 3 or 4 or more would be good!

Kirton KORC  is another......same deal same price but both days if you want and camping, also last weekend of the month.

So......who's up for doing something out 'Deliverance County way'?

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2015, 05:06:17 PM »

I'm in the right part if the country, between M1 and A1 so would be up fir it probably from late April onwards (bit busy until then).

Dtimot8

« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2015, 07:12:44 PM »

For those slightly East of the A1 in Cambs  :icon_biggrin: that's me and not a lot of others but some may be west a bit???

It seem that LROAC.  (Lard rover apparently) have events at Yarwell £40 per vehicle pay and play and trailered vehicles welcome.....been there before and a good day out.

Seem to be at the last weekend of each month.......anyone,want to come????? 3 or 4 or more would be good!

Kirton KORC  is another......same deal same price but both days if you want and camping, also last weekend of the month.

So......who's up for doing something out 'Deliverance County way'?

Its 128 miles from me I can do that I need to take the TJ off road soon

or as soon as the bump steer is fixed

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2015, 07:34:18 PM »

Weeeee heeeee that three of us then.....

LROAC. Have a web site if you're interested......

I'm only 20 miles away so anyone from further a field is welcome to secure parking and a floor.
Or a camping trip in my garden...... :icon_super:

isle of man

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2015, 07:57:19 PM »

I'm only 20 miles away so anyone from further a field is welcome to secure parking and a floor.
Or a camping trip in my garden...... :icon_super:

COUGH !!!

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2015, 08:13:25 PM »

Yes Peter bring the buggy........ (And some half worn 44s ) tax exiles are welcome......

isle of man

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2015, 08:23:04 PM »

After 3 years of pain i'm starting to see the light, don't rule me out !!!!!

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2015, 09:43:12 PM »

Let's do it, I'm happy to pitch my mini tent for a bit of garden camping but it's only local really so might be able to do a day visit

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2015, 09:55:07 PM »

Fair chance you can count me in if dates are favourable 

Yakko

« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2015, 11:45:43 PM »

Kirton is about an hour away from me - so if there's space for a slightly less impressive Jeep than most of yours, consider me there.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up