Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheapfest 2020  (Read 7343 times)

donk498

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: Xj and TJ
  • Year: 1993
Cheapfest 2020
« on: August 17, 2020, 08:50:11 AM »

Cheapfest is on! Our September 12 and 13th weekend event is back this year, same site, coney green. Camping is available from Friday night on. Signing on from 9:30 Saturday morning. £50 for the weekend paid in advance, £10 for camping only.
See you all there!

Paypal to birtydastardsjeepclub@gmail.com

donk498

• Forum Member
Re: Cheapfest 2020
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 08:51:03 AM »

Cheapfest paid attendees:

Christian Guilloteau
Tom Robinson
Kev Hartshorne x 2
Gary Flatout Lynch
Gavin Challinor
Dave Parry
Danny Smiffy Smith
Alwyne M Cariño
Barrett Petersen
Dave Taylor
Chris Morgan
Kevin Bates
Warren Smith
Toby Newrick
Ian Rhodes
Mike Barrett
Louis Rollings (1 day)
Andy Coleman (camping only)
Angie N Ezz (1 day)
Kev disco, 3 butt plugs and nipple clamps
Paul Norris

If you’ve paid but you’re not on the list contact me and we’ll resolve any issues.

donk498

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 08:52:48 PM »

Cut off date for paying for Cheapfest is 5th September.

donk498

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 08:37:20 PM »

Now fully booked. Didn't find out till this morning that we are limited on numbers of trucks to 30 due to covid rules  :banghead:  :banghead:

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 4
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 09:24:04 PM »

Now fully booked. Didn't find out till this morning that we are limited on numbers of trucks to 30 due to covid rules  :banghead:  :banghead:

Eh? Oh great i would of thought camping in a field of sheep shit or letting Bubba light the fire again would be more life threatening than Covid.
Dare i ask if this is insurance related or just a general rule made up a bit like most things in the last few months as we are clearly not adults and cannot behave responsibly by ourselves?

3.0TD (proper fuel) Toyota powered CJ6, 1981 4.2L "Montana" blue CJ8,1982 "Cack" Brown CJ8 slowly getting a Chevy V6 and a lot of welding...

donk498

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 10:13:49 PM »

Land owner has said 30 vehicle limit, not much we can do about it. I agree that it's a low number and would have thought 50 would be ok.

Dave69

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 15
  • Vehicle: CJ-7 4.2 auto
  • Year: 1979
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 09:06:14 PM »

unfortunately jeep wont be ready in time for the event so not going,

Prop shaft upgrade still not arrived, new Billstein shocks donr fit as forgot the CJ has dinky dampers, and wiring loom gave up but just got to fit the new loom sourced from Kwik wire.
XJ 2.5 diesel - dead. XJ 4.0 6" lift - sold to some lucky person
CJ7 4.2 auto standard(ish)
Alfa 147 jtdm

donk498

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 09:39:09 PM »

We may have a slight issue with Cheapfest, our PLI ran out during lockdown, when we came to renew it our provider had pulled out of the market. We have been waiting on quotes for a week now and have nothing back yet. We do have other options for the cover but we’ll not know the outcome till Monday. We really appreciate this is a bit last minute but we didn’t anticipate there would be this big a deal to get insurance sorted. There never has been in the past. In light of this we’d like to offer everyone the chance to pull out of the event. We don’t want to cancel and are doing our utmost to avoid this. But it’s only fair that we give you guys notice of this, the last thing we want is Birty’s spending this weekend preparing for next weekend. If there is a possibility of Cheapfest not going ahead. Obviously if the event doesn’t go ahead it’s our balls up and everyone will be refunded. Sorry to give you shit news on a Friday night 🙁

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 4
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 09:43:43 PM »

:icon_rolleyes: ah well makes no odds to me now anyway this will be the first Cheapfest i will of not been to in 10 years i bet, maybe next year if someone can organise things a tad better maybe  :003:
3.0TD (proper fuel) Toyota powered CJ6, 1981 4.2L "Montana" blue CJ8,1982 "Cack" Brown CJ8 slowly getting a Chevy V6 and a lot of welding...

djrr6

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: CJ7 AMC 360 5 gear wobbly thing
  • Year: 1981
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2020, 08:48:29 PM »

Shame for all the CJ drivers that used to be heavily involved in the club and seems crazy that you won’t be there this year with the other old iron crowd.

I never got involved in the trips so not lost anything but does seem like a different club now and maybe you need to get a new plastic jeep and 7000 inch lift kit Dave!

You need to get on Facebook first as gets priority over forum.

donk498

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 08:21:10 AM »

Shame for all the CJ drivers that used to be heavily involved in the club and seems crazy that you won’t be there this year with the other old iron crowd.

I never got involved in the trips so not lost anything but does seem like a different club now and maybe you need to get a new plastic jeep and 7000 inch lift kit Dave!

You moan about the fact it's mostly moved to Facebook and this is your first post on the forum since September 2019, things change. I won't say I agree with them but thats the way it is.

frosty 1

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 3
  • Vehicle: JK Wrangler, TJ Wrangler, WJ Grand cherokee
  • Year: 2007
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2020, 10:29:21 AM »

i do wish that people would use this site instead of FB, i will never use it.

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2020, 02:01:44 PM »

I am not even currently a Jeep owner since the ‘1 Tonne ‘ went to Romania.....

But having been around Birtys since 2008 I can see the community shrinking... quite a lot of good mates are no longer on the site. I just check in a few times a week for old times sake ..to offer advice ....or maybe to sell some accumulated junk collected over the last 24 years.....

The sadness is all the good tech info that will be lost if it all goes to the Snowflakes on Facebook.

Have fun you all....

djrr6

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: CJ7 AMC 360 5 gear wobbly thing
  • Year: 1981
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2020, 10:31:30 PM »

You moan about the fact it's mostly moved to Facebook and this is your first post on the forum since September 2019, things change. I won't say I agree with them but thats the way it is.

Yeah and as I put above the reason I don’t post is there isn’t content that directly involved me anymore as I have tried to sell CJ gear or ask questions but ultimately nearly everyone has moved on to newer jeeps or just off-road chat.

I am also on Facebook Birties as well as CJ UK owners and same applies But what I would say is if you post something on Birties people don’t like they jump on you and criticise or diminish your opinion by questioning your input and same seems to have occurred in the CF debate I’m gladly not involved in.

I’m simply lamenting the massive reduction in daily chat we once had and guess CJ owners moved on and Bulldog harassing Bubba while Jeepky winds them both up are gone so leave it to others.
Pages: [1]   Go Up