Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear shocks  (Read 3051 times)

Derek

Rear shocks
« on: February 13, 2008, 10:53:42 PM »

Hi new to the world of jeep (in to Audis) have just got an Jeep Cherokee XJ 2.5td vm..To tow my rally car with..

Have just rebuilt the engine ie:new heads,turbo, clutch,most of the front suspension etc etc..

I do how ever have one question..There are a pair of Boge gas shocks on the rear of the jeep, part no 551700 125 750 they seem to be up rated and in good condition BUT they are fitted up side down is this right ?? as I have never seen it before on a car only on the odd motor bike or two.

Thanks in advance Derek..

greggmo

• Founder
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 2
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 09:44:54 PM »

i have seen shocks that fit that way but cant think of the make. the only issue i see with them can end up is that the oil will be always against the seals. other than that i would think they work just the same. :-k

tag

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 01:48:47 AM »

Hi, i think you should have them fitted the correct way , as you have stated they are gas shocks :shock:  i too ran audis some audi models have gas shocks as standard and are fitted the normal way. i'm thinking of the quattro i had and gas shocks i fitted to a golf gti i had. hope this helps.........

wazza

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 12:39:04 PM »

just take one off, clean it up an have a good look at it!!!

if its meant to be fitted upside down then it will clearly say on it,

makes that i know of that fit them upside down are
Bilstein
edlebrock
fox
FOA

can't think of any others. but these are getting into big money an would'nt be fitted to a standard jeep, i don't think

if its not meant to be upside own then it won't be working how it should, i don't know how but its something to do with the valving inside. an thats why you can't just fit them anyway.

tartanzj

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 12:59:04 PM »

I've got procomp mx6's on my jeep and they say to install with adjuster to bottom so all my shocks have the stems down. So I suppose its possible that they're meant to be installed that way.

james157

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 12:52:10 PM »

Ive just fitted some bilsteins and as wazza said they are upsidedown,was a bit confused at first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up