Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.5 vm diesel fuel filter housing  (Read 1932 times)

Cymraeg

2.5 vm diesel fuel filter housing
« on: November 13, 2016, 02:48:07 PM »

Hi all as the thread title says my fuel filter head is leaking and was wondering if anyone knows where i can find a replacement one.

Im new to jeeps having come over from landrovers and sorry if this is a thick question but how do you prime the filter?

Is it the little plastic knobby bit that unscrews and lifts up. I tried this but it came out completely hence my reasoming its farked and me needs a new one.

Thanks in advance all the vehicle is a 98 grand cherry 2.5 td

Cymraeg

Re: 2.5 vm diesel fuel filter housing
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 07:42:49 PM »

Ok then guys a quick update. Problem turned out to be the fuel filter assembly having a buggered diaphragm on the inside and the priming handle/lever being farked. Also noticed on of the feed pipes to the filter was slightly torn and the combined above causing air to be sucked in and ny girl not starting.

So quick googlefu showed someone braking an xj 5 miles away, and 30 notes later swapped out the whole assembly and changed the length of pipe for a good one, cranked engine a little followed by priming the filter and every 30 secs undoing the bleed screw a little to release air and after priming for maybe 3 mins as the resistance grew, screwed her back down, keys in and vroom vroom.

Smiles all round

bgbazz

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: Was a KJ, now a VW
  • Year: 2003
Re: 2.5 vm diesel fuel filter housing
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 08:36:44 PM »

Result!

:icon_super:

bigjeepzj

• Club Member