Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrangler 4.0 1999 Exhaust upgrade on the cheap ?  (Read 817 times)

Brian the Sn@il

Wrangler 4.0 1999 Exhaust upgrade on the cheap ?
« on: March 22, 2010, 11:38:30 AM »

Hi Folks,

Ive got a 1999 Wrangler, its (WAS) totaly standard even had the little steel wheels and road tyres on it :lol: PMSL

Any got some alloys and 31 inchers and its looking a bit better,

Now its so quiet, its only done 50K and the engine is silky smooth, but the exhaust not is Silent :(

I dont want to spend 100s on a stainless exhaust, as its pointless as the Stainless exhaust will outlive the vehicle 4x over :lol:
So a quick DIY back box fix ? to increas the Engine tone.  Maybe a BMW Exhaust ? any pointers would be apprciated.

Its just had its MOT, so could go - NON CAT, and then put the cat back on for its next MOT ? ;)

Mike Pavelin

Re: Wrangler 4.0 1999 Exhaust upgrade on the cheap ?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 08:22:03 PM »

Don't waste your time removing the cat it will make sod all difference. If you want to be loud on a budget, replace the silencer with a Cherry Bomb style straight through jobbie.

Tragic

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: A proper Jeep!
  • Year: 1993
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 11:01:51 PM »

:imwitstupid:

Don't remove the cat.
I have a very expensive Borla cat-back system...........in the skip :icon_super:
I cut mine off behind the centre box and welded a section of BMW X3 diesel exhaust angled down to dump in front of the rear axle. Burbles nicely with no exhaust gasses inside :greggmo:

Brian the Sn@il

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 08:39:33 AM »

Thanks guys :)

:003:
Pages: [1]   Go Up