Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seat Questions  (Read 1706 times)

neilh

Seat Questions
« on: October 13, 2014, 10:55:30 AM »

Well the work on the new TJ has started  :97:

I said there'd be a bunch of questions - so here's the first! There only looks to be a single bolt that holds the back part of the front seats to the base. Is that all that needs to be undone to separate the two parts?

We've ripped out the whole interior to give it a good clean and it would be loads easier to clean the seats with them apart...

Secondly we've discovered that a mouse had clearly made itself at home in the base of the rear seat! It doesn't look like the fabric comes off this (it seems to be glued on?) so we probably need to find a replacement. How can we find out what the interior fabric design code/name is?

Ezz

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 2
  • Vehicle: TJ
  • Year: 1997
Re: Seat Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 11:26:03 AM »

Well the work on the new TJ has started  :97:

I said there'd be a bunch of questions - so here's the first! There only looks to be a single bolt that holds the back part of the front seats to the base. Is that all that needs to be undone to separate the two parts?

We've ripped out the whole interior to give it a good clean and it would be loads easier to clean the seats with them apart...

What a killer first question...

OCD
2009 JK Rubicon now sold
1997 TJ wrangler 4.0, jk rubicon 5.38 geared  axles, 38.5 mud treps,  101" wheelbase

Jonny Jeep

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 11
  • Vehicle: TJ 4.0 Sport
  • Year: 1997
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 08:25:32 PM »

Some people get rid of the rear seats so you may find a cheap replacement. As far as code for interior, you can find that out but going to the owners section of http://www.jeep.com and emailing them via the site. It asks for a ZIP code I think but you can use any, even the 90210 one of TV show fame. Supply your VIN and ask for a build sheet. It can take anywhere between a few hours to several days but you'll get an email back with all the details in.

Brynjaminjones

• "Abe Lincoln"
  • Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 8
  • Vehicle: '98 XJ Cherokee 4.0 Limited, '97 ZJ Grand Cherokee 4.0 Limited, '91 Hunter Green SJ Grand Wagoneer 360
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 08:30:14 PM »

even the 90210 one of TV show fame.

Haha, so I'm not the only one that does that then!?

IrishKenCJ7

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 11:43:46 PM »

I used to use timmy mallets postcode on auto trader but it never worked. Nw1 8tq. Stll stuck in my head after nearly 30 years.

What color interior are we talking about here. Is it the speckled one or the green one or something else.

Globetrotter

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 08:09:02 AM »

Try joining jeepforum.com, TJ section. I use it for my WJ (WJ section, of course). It's a mine of useful knowledgeable information.

neilh

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 11:01:02 AM »

Thanks for all the replies folks - it's a grey pattern with lines and triangles on. Not had much luck tracking down a replacement yet but we'll keep looking :)

I'll try the other routes too - thanks!

Rocky4wd

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 12:19:24 PM »

Sounds like interior is 'Dark Slate Grey Cloth'

thorna

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 06:21:15 PM »

Seatwise; there's usually only 2 options for any year.
97-99 had mist grey pueblo cloth on the sport or saddle/moss trail cloth in Sahara.
99-00 same for Sahara but sport changed to an agate (dark grey) colored version of the original.
01 approx onwards the seats have seperate headrests. Sahara colors continue sport and other versions get nomad agate cloth.
After that; no idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up