Forum > Jeep Junkies corner

Should I do the Nutter paypass

(1/2) > >>

Lawman:
Hi All
A newbie here joined yesterday
I am sure this may have been covered before, so sorry for that.
Ok, I have an 1985 CJ7 4.2. it’s a US California import, my question is if I do the nuttier bypass and remove all of the emissions junk under the hood will I have any issues passing a UK MOT?

Everything is stock at the moment, so it has the carter carb so on.
I have had some idle issues, but I have fixed them and its running ok. (see what I did to fix my idle, Search 356dtf on youtube)
It just looks a mess with all the pipes and wires, I would love to lose the crap ECM and
Be more old school and uncomplicated, thoughts, please.
Cheers

Dutch:
http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20453.msg239774#msg239774

Lawman:
Thanks for that, but the question was more if I do it a remove all the stuff, how will it do with a UK MOT.   Re emissions

wildwood:
No worries.....you don't even need a cat until L plate 93.
Provided it's not running stoopid rich they won't care.....

My 91 YJ didn't need a cat and so didn't have the sniffer up the exhaust at MOT time....

Yours will be the same......I believe they refer to it as a visual check :icon_super: : :icon_super:

Dutch:

--- Quote from: Lawman on February 29, 2020, 02:39:05 PM ---Thanks for that, but the question was more if I do it a remove all the stuff, how will it do with a UK MOT.   Re emissions

--- End quote ---

Since the guys in the tread all advised to rip it out because it is only Cali bollocks it's safe to conclude that it won't affect UK Mot's

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page