Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone know about factory-fit LPG on the 4.0L ZJ?  (Read 2304 times)

AVR2

Anyone know about factory-fit LPG on the 4.0L ZJ?
« on: September 09, 2016, 02:39:19 PM »

Looking at a cheap ZJ with an LPG conversion, and the seller told me over the phone that it's actually factory-fit rather than aftermarket. I can check that on the build sheet when I've got the VIN.

I can't find any info online about ZJ/ZGs that came out of the factory with dual-fuel capability. Anyone know anything about them? Would I be jumping into a world of hurt with impossible-to-find fuel system parts etc?

jay140285

Re: Anyone know about factory-fit LPG on the 4.0L ZJ?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 03:57:25 PM »

I've never seen or heard of a dual fuel factory install on jeeps, especially as old as a ZJ

www.facebook.com/jrservicingandtransport

www.jrservicingandtransport.co.uk

Graham

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 06:11:43 PM »

It may have been dealer fit, or a dealer option at the point of sale.

Unlikely to be factory. Did Jeep really give a flying f about fuel economy in 1996?? :icon_eek:

AVR2

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 08:22:31 PM »

He told me that it was listed on the build sheet and gave me the VIN, but when I looked it up, there was nothing about LPG. Asked him (by text), he said it was the reference to "6 extra gallons of gas" - which of course just means that Chrysler credited the dealer with putting an extra 6 gallons of petrol in it.

When I pointed this out, and also said that there's no evidence Chrysler ever sold the ZJ/ZG with factory dual-fuel, he suddenly snapped back with "It's sold", so I'm now fairly sure he was bullshitting me and he's trying to sell a ZJ with a completely undocumented LPG conversion (he said he didn't have a certificate or any other documentation for the LPG because he didn't need one, it was factory-fit).

I'd prefer to think he was genuinely clueless about the build sheet and he really believed that it was a factory conversion, but the sudden "It's sold" was a massive red flag. Hey ho.

I'm not particularly after a 4.0L with LPG anyway, but the price was right to use as a station-and-back runabout.

welling4x4

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 05:33:10 PM »

I do belive he,s telling you a porker.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

General Confusion

• Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 2
  • Vehicle: Now Jeep-less
  • Buckle Up!!!!!..........I want to try something.
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 07:36:19 PM »

X 2.
Too Old to Die Young!!!!

Green Jeep

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 08:38:35 AM »

Yarp... will be interesting to see if it did sell or appears for sale again...
Pages: [1]   Go Up