Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lexus 400 V8  (Read 5663 times)

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
Lexus 400 V8
« on: February 03, 2014, 11:48:59 AM »

Just had to mention  :icon_twisted:

Apparently in Aus they take the Lexus Soarer V8 strip the emission and computer junk off it run Downdraught carbs and header exhausts and drop em in the back of a drag boat......they then make 800 BHP on stock internals.....no worries.

One for Bulldog methinks :icon_super:

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
Re: Lexus 400 V8
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 11:53:31 AM »

Soarers are dirt cheap :97:
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

IrishCJ6

• Guru
  • Guru: 3
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 11:56:43 AM »

Yep, add an under bonnet supercharger and 1200 bhp is possible. In a 12' boat. Cheap out the Suzuki Superboat jetsprints series in NZ. 0-100 MPH on water in under 1 sec

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 06:14:42 PM »

I have a full wiring / installation guide for this engine, including the VVTi version  :icon_twisted:

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 06:19:16 PM »

Can we fit one in a CJ6?
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

big_patrol

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 08:26:40 PM »

And whats more is it will all bolt to an aw4

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 09:05:14 PM »

I feel the need .......the need for speed......

Whatever comes out of this thread we ought to make a source of what can be done and how to make it work type of thing.....

or to put it another way I have a TJ chassis and a few bits that are crying out for and engine and running gear that will make BHP

Bulldog67

• Guru

big_patrol

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 11:22:35 PM »

I have just swapped the front half of a aw4 with the lexus parts needed if anyone is interested.
I am now having a t/case adapter made for the new one thats going in.
Also ordered a radesigns shifter with full manual control. Thinking of having the line pressure upped in the aw4 to make the shifting much nicer. Also using the sump from a surf gearbox to give bigger oil capacity.

willo

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: CJ7
  • Year: 1982
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 05:41:09 PM »

And whats more is it will all bolt to an aw4

ssssshhhhh :003:

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 05:56:33 PM »

we are going to have to Pick your brains Mr Big Patrol......

Part nos full details......... Wiring loom details.......... Oh yes

Saw a complete car with tax mot the lot for £650 the other day......... Sooooo tempting :icon_super:.

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 06:45:12 PM »

Send me your email address Jez and I'll send you a very interesting and comprehensive guide.

cleggy

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 08:22:52 PM »

Send to me James at clema8@aol .com Cheers Cleggy :drool: :drool:

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 06:42:50 PM »

Emailed you both, hope it helps.

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 06:53:26 PM »

Thanks for email and all other research I have done like a complete Anorak.......

has lead me to a number of conclusions..........The Lexus engine gearbox and bits to Jeep will make a good conversion......... And at a good price......

however the cheap as chips in the US of A :hysterical: Vortec 5.3  can be had with harness and all bits for the price of a Lexus.............

For my wedge or lack of it and considering I already have a chevy friendly gearbox ......NV 3500 and the transfer cases that go on the back Tis easier to go the Vortec route with simplified harness availability and re flashed ECUs by exchange might make this route less painful.........

shed loads on Pirate about this as per usual.........
 :icon_super:

isle of man

• بعض العضو التناسلي النسوي...
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 6
  • Vehicle: G-Class AKA “The G spot”
  • Take the road less travelled...
    • http://www.4x4.im
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 07:02:36 PM »

SBC every time.
"Not all those who wander are lost"

big_patrol

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 08:48:04 AM »

The engine in my buggy stands me at about £80 I bought a crashed one and weighed the cats, the alloys and the shell. The second one I bought was a low mileage example and I used it as a daily drive to get some value out of it. Still stands me at very little. The parts needed to make it useable in a 4wd are very cheap and easy to find in this country so for me its a no brainer. As for the performance compared to a sbc I have no idea. All I know is it revs like a highly tuned engine whilst still pulling 40s from way down the rev range. It runs on the factory ecu like a dream and doesnt mind water. There are a wealth of tuning options out there but as for now, mine puts a smile on my face everytime I hit the loud pedal. Bearing in mind I have no 2nd gear at the moment if you have seen it go then its far from sluggish. Im happy to help anyone with the things I have learnt about the engine and the compatibility to transmissions if they need any info. The later 3uz still shares the same bellhousing and has more power and torque.

willo

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: CJ7
  • Year: 1982
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 12:00:36 AM »

The engine in my buggy stands me at about £80 I bought a crashed one and weighed the cats, the alloys and the shell. The second one I bought was a low mileage example and I used it as a daily drive to get some value out of it. Still stands me at very little. The parts needed to make it useable in a 4wd are very cheap and easy to find in this country so for me its a no brainer. As for the performance compared to a sbc I have no idea. All I know is it revs like a highly tuned engine whilst still pulling 40s from way down the rev range. It runs on the factory ecu like a dream and doesnt mind water. There are a wealth of tuning options out there but as for now, mine puts a smile on my face everytime I hit the loud pedal. Bearing in mind I have no 2nd gear at the moment if you have seen it go then its far from sluggish. Im happy to help anyone with the things I have learnt about the engine and the compatibility to transmissions if they need any info. The later 3uz still shares the same bellhousing and has more power and torque.

Nice one Danny, your buggy sounds awesome and goes ok too! thanks for sharing the info....maybe one day :icon_biggrin:

bigjeepzj

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 22
  • lift it, brake it, Fix it brake it, fix it again
Pages: [1]   Go Up