Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mercedes diesel fuel tube part no's  (Read 812 times)

chig49supra

Mercedes diesel fuel tube part no's
« on: May 03, 2014, 10:47:32 AM »

Well, the WJ broke down again. This time it seems there was air getting into the fuel line. I need to replace the diesel fuel tube going from the top of the fuel filter to the low pressure pump. I've had some trouble getting hold of parts quickly until I spoke to my local Merc garage as they share the same parts albeit with different part numbers. To cut a long story short I've got two part numbers which the dealer reackons will fit depending on if it is an earlier design or a later one so I'm going down to a Merc garage which has both in stock to check them out. The part numbers according to the dealer are:
6120701432 - early models
6120703132 - 2002 onwards

When I find out which one fits mine I'll repost. Fingers crossed this works!

chig49supra

Re: Mercedes diesel fuel tube part no's
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 01:09:27 PM »

Well, the WJ broke down again. This time it seems there was air getting into the fuel line. I need to replace the diesel fuel tube going from the top of the fuel filter to the low pressure pump. I've had some trouble getting hold of parts quickly until I spoke to my local Merc garage as they share the same parts albeit with different part numbers. To cut a long story short I've got two part numbers which the dealer reackons will fit depending on if it is an earlier design or a later one so I'm going down to a Merc garage which has both in stock to check them out. The part numbers according to the dealer are:
6120701432 - early models
6120703132 - 2002 onwards

When I find out which one fits mine I'll repost. Fingers crossed this works!

OK, I've just finished getting the part and fitting it and the 2002 onwards one worked. The pipe was bent slightly differently but everything fitted together tightly and, after bleeding it, the car runs nice and sweet. so part no. 6120703132 worked for my 2002 WJ 2.7crd. Nice to know as the merc dealers are easier to get to for me and the part was around the same price as on ebay (£19.40 something plus VAT). Interestingly the plastic locking tabs are designed to make it easier to install by pushing in on them which is a different design to the Jeep ones I had on there. I just wish I'd realised this before I'd managed to get the cap on the pump side as it would have made the job a whole lot easier!

Fizz

Re: Mercedes diesel fuel tube part no's
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 10:47:44 PM »

The jeep ones are different too now. I also repkaced all my o rings with merc green ones... saves issues in the ling run
Pages: [1]   Go Up