Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Double cardan rebuild issue  (Read 1303 times)

PhatDave

Double cardan rebuild issue
« on: May 19, 2017, 09:28:49 AM »

I have a friend with a modified XJ, it has changed hands a few times and some of you may even know who built it in the first place so I am hoping you could offer some help getting it fixed...

The rear prop cardan has failed and needs replacement, but of course its all aftermarket with an SYE and we don't know what exactly it is to be able to get the parts...

It connects to the transfer box with a flange, rather than the usual front prop yoke (pics hopefully attached).

The jeep itself is a champagney colored Orvis spec XJ, with a long arm kit and all the usual other modified trimmings. Pic of the car is in the hope someone might recognise having made it, it was bought with most of the mods including sye already done.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Dave69

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 15
  • Vehicle: CJ-7 4.2 auto
  • Year: 1979
Re: Double cardan rebuild issue
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 06:57:48 PM »

with the codes on the joint and the name spicer, you should be able to source parts relatively easy.

rough measure of the cap diameter and a phone call to Steve (FTE) or Dave at Llama 4x4 should give you the wright direction to go in. I would say Lighthouse but you might not want to live on the phone
XJ 2.5 diesel - dead. XJ 4.0 6" lift - sold to some lucky person
CJ7 4.2 auto standard(ish)
Alfa 147 jtdm

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
Re: Double cardan rebuild issue
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 03:20:49 PM »

The double cardan joint and two UJs looks like a stock XJ / TJ front prop one. The flange piece is something you can order separately, also a Spicer piece. If you enter any spicer part numbers you can find on the rockauto.com online catalogue it should bring up parts.

Pages: [1]   Go Up