Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monkey Time - Round 3  (Read 2762 times)

doublej

Monkey Time - Round 3
« on: April 10, 2015, 05:04:39 PM »

So a couple years have gone by since I left England. Life had had its ups and downs but the time was right and and finally went out and got a new rig.
1974 CJ5

And fits into the tiny workshop....

Dave69

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 15
  • Vehicle: CJ-7 4.2 auto
  • Year: 1979
Re: Monkey Time - Round 3
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 05:17:08 PM »

nice one,

dare i ask, about the planned work and subtle improvements given the previous projects
XJ 2.5 diesel - dead. XJ 4.0 6" lift - sold to some lucky person
CJ7 4.2 auto standard(ish)
Alfa 147 jtdm

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 06:54:18 PM »

G'day JJ

So subtle changes this time round.....

That'll be  Rockwell steering axles at both ends and an Ram V10 ....... :hysterical:

Pics when you're ready......

doublej

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 04:58:01 AM »

The blue prints are in the blender and the mad scientist is on holiday atm. So more to come on the details of the build. Needless to say. I think this will be the last rig I build, but with that my taste of offroading has changed some from what I was capable of in England.

I figured ya'll would also like this sexy heep..... This is a mates wheeler.

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 08:10:30 AM »

wow super to have you back jj   nice rigs both of them 

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 09:13:04 AM »

Epic rig ......that one of,your mate's. Liking the placement of monster steering box :icon_super:

Your CJ5 looks too perfect to take the plasma to :jpshakehead: reckon just needs or be lockered so it's trail worthy......of course the correct number of manly cylinders under the hood will be a given. :icon_super:

Nice pics. Keep us posted on the build.

doublej

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 06:38:49 PM »

Some more photos for your viewing pleasure....

Now there is a lot of things wrong in these photos :hysterical: but for what I paid for the jeep, and the amount of new parts that came with it. I was happy with the deal.
Wiring is hysterical, how that heater is a "good idea" beats me, under body has some rust but top of the body looks pretty good.
She has been used, the front fenders are both sagging, front of the frame has been chopped, some dumb redneck butchered the frame trying to repair a crack...... blah blah blah
Nothing that scares me to fix, rebuild, redo :003:

doublej

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 06:51:26 PM »

dare i ask, about the planned work and subtle improvements given the previous projects
Dare you shall....

So subtle changes this time round.....
That'll be  Rockwell steering axles at both ends and an Ram V10 ....... :hysterical:
To heavy, to big, can't by parts form the local shoppy to support...

wow super to have you back jj   nice rigs both of them
Thanks Mate - I never left. Just haven't had anything to post or talk about. Life has been crazy for a couple years, but getting back out on the trails is WELL overdue.

Epic rig ......that one of,your mate's. Liking the placement of monster steering box :icon_super:
Its just a Toyota steering box if i remember right. Nothing special, but all done himself. He is one smart guy, Ill tell ya that much.
Your CJ5 looks too perfect to take the plasma to :jpshakehead: reckon just needs or be lockered so it's trail worthy......of course the correct number of manly cylinders under the hood will be a given. :icon_super:
She is far from perfect, I think the PO was trying to restore her (even put brand new diff covers on with gaskets..... Who does that?), and found he was over his head in frame and body work. I would say its about twice as bad as the TJ was after 2 days of chopping the body to bits.  :003:

Build plans? Blue prints?
Parts list is still up in the air, but the basic idea is "simple"..... Keep is light, simple, streetable. Parts need to be easily supported, highly reliable, and to be honest - I don't think my wallet will have a say this time around. I have 5 years left in the military and if the contractor job work how I am seeing them as of late, I will only be around in the summers after that. Thats my daughters time and when I should be traveling and using this thing the most anyway.

So options, ideas, opinions - Dream rig to drive to Mexico and back? Go! :icon_eek:

doublej

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 02:59:15 AM »

Does anyone know what the part number or the actual name of the Air Filter mount it?
The cheap hose clamp jobby that the PO put on has gone missing. lol But with that I do not have the piece with the center bolt that the stock filter is held on by.
Pages: [1]   Go Up