Forum > Forum Info - read here first

V v v small wonder - and yes Im monumentally lazy

(1/5) > >>

Bulldog67:
I mainly only use the unread and then back (arrow) button, and on some other forums that I occasionally frequent when I hit the back button it automatically removes the the thread I have just read anyway, whereas on here it just gives me the full list of threads that were there when I first started

can we adopt the removing threads approach?

im only asking in case its an easy fix (obviously I know shit about this) and was overlooked

if its a PITA its no big deal  :003:

ivanidea:
I'm not aware of any forums which refresh when you hit the back button.

What you need is the unread button at the bottom of the page.

Nosebolt:

--- Quote from: Bulldog67 on March 14, 2014, 07:36:13 PM ---I mainly only use the unread and then back (arrow) button, and on some other forums that I occasionally frequent when I hit the back button it automatically removes the the thread I have just read anyway, whereas on here it just gives me the full list of threads that were there when I first started

can we adopt the removing threads approach?

im only asking in case its an easy fix (obviously I know shit about this) and was overlooked

if its a PITA its no big deal  :003:

--- End quote ---

it is doable, probably by setting a page auto refresh which is fine on a small forum but with our traffic it could have serious negative affect on the forum performance, we are already having to limit some actions to keep the forum at a workable speed.

daggie:
No then  :003:

Bubba:
we have I feel the easiest to use forum site it would be a shame to slow anything

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page