Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: help me please. my jeep is ill. :)  (Read 12806 times)

firefighter1023

Re: help me please. my jeep is ill. :)
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2015, 08:04:30 AM »

Hi.  Thanks for the link .. much appricated. .  Going to have another look this weekend and will keep you informed.  Finger crossed.  :)   

bgbazz

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: Was a KJ, now a VW
  • Year: 2003
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2015, 09:00:31 AM »

That link provides a wealth of good info and will help you out I'm sure.

The MAP sensor is the one thing I forgot to mention in my previous posts....I used to clean mine about every six weeks or so, even if it didn't really need it. A little tip you might find handy...use a magnetic hex tool to remove the screw which holds it in place as there is a small washer under the head and it can fall off and go down the hole quite easily. (ask me how I know this).

firefighter1023

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2015, 12:34:12 PM »

This is the odb reading when engine is ice cold.  Also the throttle positions sensor is reading 100% on odb live data when starting up.  Could this be my ecu????

firefighter1023

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2015, 12:36:24 PM »

These readings are on ignition only.  The engine is not cranking or running.  Cheers.  :) 

Delk

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2015, 02:06:13 PM »

The inlet air and coolant temperatures seam to be quite high!

I think my TJ uses a common 5 volt feed for the engine sensors and you may have lost this. Just a guess.

On the industrial equipment I work with the temp reading goes to max if wiring or a sensor goes bad.

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2015, 04:18:00 PM »

Maybe check the wiring to sensors for the 5v feed and signal out. Throttle position sensor is easy enough to test with a multimeter to see that it is giving different voltages in different positions.

firefighter1023

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2015, 06:22:08 PM »

Could any one please tell me were the throttle position sensor is please.  :)   I am satisfied machanically it's sound now.  Time for the electric.  :(   

General Confusion

• Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 2
  • Vehicle: Now Jeep-less
  • Buckle Up!!!!!..........I want to try something.
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2015, 09:53:58 PM »

This link will take you to a 2.5CRD manual on my One Drive.

http://1drv.ms/1LeJROC

Check section 8.6 under component location. (Page 211) I think in this case the call it the accelerator pedal position sensor. The manual also has loads of fault diagnosis charts

If you want a copy of the manual sent PM me your email
Too Old to Die Young!!!!

firefighter1023

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2015, 02:42:51 PM »

Just thinking.  I know the jeeo requires a odb 3 reader.  Is there any software and cables for laptop that could do the same reading at a lower cost.  Bit expensive them odb 3 tools.  :)  thanks.

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2015, 05:23:30 PM »

Hasn't Jay just picked up a full reader kit? Might be worth a call and few quid his direction.

jay140285

« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2015, 02:08:15 AM »

Indeed I have, where about are you? I'm travelling all over the place so you never know

www.facebook.com/jrservicingandtransport

www.jrservicingandtransport.co.uk

firefighter1023

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2015, 01:19:06 PM »

Hi mate.  I am in South Yorkshire.   Any good :) 

firefighter1023

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2015, 01:24:32 PM »

Hi all.  Got clear pipe on out to high pressure fuel pump.  When cranking air bubbles coming from hpfp to fuel head.  Why would that happen. Thanks all

scrw

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Vehicle: jeep
  • BD, Fred Kite reincarnated
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2015, 01:30:06 PM »

I had that, just air in lines, in my case faulty filter head. Try the clear filter like I did, makes it easier to see if you have fully bled the system.

firefighter1023

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2015, 07:17:32 PM »

Thanks for info.  Defo fuel in line.  New fuel head ordered.  Still got a reading on 412f on ect when engine ice cold.   Unplugged ect sensor still same reading.  StartING up and stopping after a second.  Also acceleration at 100% when on half revs.  Arrrr.  Electrical now. :(   

Hillbilly

• Guru
  • Guru: 3
  • Vehicle: 4 litre Grand WJ
  • Year: 2003
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2015, 10:56:11 PM »

I've been watching this thread hoping you can resolve your problems, but  it seems its just going on and on. You live in South Yorkshire which isn't that far from Chesterfield. If you can get your Jeep towed there, James at Peak Jeep will almost certainly be able to sort it. Give him a ring. 01246 450650 or 07958 698156. Hth

firefighter1023

« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2015, 04:04:29 PM »

Thanks for info mate.  :) 

LairdScooby

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2015, 09:46:11 PM »

You mentioned early in the thread the diesel was like jelly and that's why you had to change your tank. Did you flush your fuel lines through when you changed the tank or do they still have diesel jelly in them? If so then this will cause the problems you've been getting.

Also the lack of lift pump in the tank is worrying. I fell asleep while reading the thread (not because of the thread though) but remember seeing a new electric lift pump about halfway through - was this yours and have you fitted it? If so well done, if not, do it!

I know in another application the VM engine needs a lift pump and has a tank mounted electric lift pump and there's no reason to assume anything different. It sits on the end of the fuel sender and is a very slim pump with a filter sock on the end of it. I'm guessing Jeep would have done the same.

Usually the cause of the diesel jelly you described is sugar in the tank so when you get it sorted i strongly recommend you invest in a decent locking fuel cap  :icon_biggrin:

firefighter1023

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2015, 12:02:38 AM »

Thank you very much for that information and makes a lot of sense.  The sugar part sounds like it could be my problem.  At that time there was local idiots going round damaging cars.  IE bangers on windscreens ect.  I think that could be a strong pisibillity with the sugar.  It never cross my mind until now. 

What is the best way to clean my fuel lines.  Has I have read on the damage and it does sound like everything I have to replace.  So fingers cross now it could just need fuel lines cleaning.   Many thanks again for the use full info.  :) 

LairdScooby

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2015, 12:36:09 AM »

Thank you very much for that information and makes a lot of sense.  The sugar part sounds like it could be my problem.  At that time there was local idiots going round damaging cars.  IE bangers on windscreens ect.  I think that could be a strong pisibillity with the sugar.  It never cross my mind until now. 

What is the best way to clean my fuel lines.  Has I have read on the damage and it does sound like everything I have to replace.  So fingers cross now it could just need fuel lines cleaning.   Many thanks again for the use full info.  :)

Well i'm not quite sure the best meethod of removing the sugar although i would give hot water and washing up liquid a try first - remove the fuel line or at least the ends of it so you don't contaminte the injection pump with the washing up liquid. The jelly effect has probably caused blockages in the filter head and hopefully hasn't got any firther although you've mentioned that the return was blocked somewhere - almost certainly with this jelly stuff.

I just hope that once you've cleaned everything that is in the system you can get it up and running again without too much trouble. At least on a pterol the sugar can be cleaned out comparitively easily but for some reason reacts with diesel, or at least that's been my experience.

I can't remember for sure but something in the back of my mind says acetone will dissolve sugar. You can also use acetone as a fuel additive to improve the diesel atomisation (very low dosage though, a teaspoon to a tankful) so maybe adding a small amount into a clean fuel can full of diesel then adding that to the tank might help. Blowing the lines out with compressed air would also be a possibility and if you ever get hold of the toerags that vandalised the cars in your area, feel free to put their heads under your wheels and drive over them!  :icon_twisted:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up