Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi all, thought I would say hello and have a couple of jeep questions  (Read 6346 times)

Panic mechanic!

Im hearing you on FM!

I hope that's thru headphones while you are running away ! honestly we all love v8's but in the case of the 4.7, walk away.

fett

Nah not magnum, Hemis the real one- just too expensive for my toy runabout

:003:

fett

Im hearing you on FM!

I hope that's thru headphones while you are running away ! honestly we all love v8's but in the case of the 4.7, walk away.

All 4.7's that bad?

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69

Hi there and welcome
Before you pay for this jeep please can I point out that the engine light is an mot fail these days regardless of if its to do with the lpg system and needs to be fixed
Secondly if the engine does not have upper cylinder lubrication system I really would not go ahed with purchase the 4.7 does not like lpg and can be very spensive to fix

Engine light isn't an MoT item, but if it has a misfire, I'd run away.  4.7s have a nasty habit of dropping valve seats out on LPG.

interesting one there mike i was told that this year no warning lights were allowed to be on at point of mot  has my mot chap got confused ?

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69

willo has a magnum v8

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

jay140285

Right misfire on cylinder one, could be a coil pack or it could be valve seat recession or unseated valve seat. Ask me how I know - I had a 2002 V8 on LPG with flash lube. Awesome machine though and I loved it. With no flash lube on the V8 I would walk away. Jedi had inoperative flash lube and screwed his engine. FYI my 2002 V8 was £265 a year to tax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fett

Right misfire on cylinder one, could be a coil pack or it could be valve seat recession or unseated valve seat. Ask me how I know - I had a 2002 V8 on LPG with flash lube. Awesome machine though and I loved it. With no flash lube on the V8 I would walk away. Jedi had inoperative flash lube and screwed his engine. FYI my 2002 V8 was £265 a year to tax

Thanks, I think that settles that one sadly- let me know if anyone sees a 99 or 2000 v8 with flashlube, or another v8 that cheap :003:

Thanks, I think that settles that one sadly- let me know if anyone sees a 99 or 2000 v8 with flashlube, or another v8 that cheap :003:

jay140285

What is the tax on a 2000 model? The jeep v8 as standard it's a refined machine, you need a cherry bomb silencer to release the burble. Ideally if you can find one that has lpg service stamps as well as it's amazing how mucky and LPG filter gets.

I sold my 2002 late last year with 100k on it. It was in exceptional condition with an iron rock 3inch lift and got £3500 for it. Rebuilt top half the engine, lpg was 2yrs old and I had it fitted, fully serviced.

fett

Ok sale cancelled and no money lost, shame though. if people see an appropriate replacement please let me know- thanks so much for all the advice guys  :icon_biggrin:

The tax on a 2000 is 225 btw

UKJeeper

Had a feeling they would steer you straight. Shame to miss out, but sometimes it's knowing when to walk away.

fett

Had a feeling they would steer you straight. Shame to miss out, but sometimes it's knowing when to walk away.

always worth taking the advice, but it is a shame

I did wonder about that 06 hemi on ebay a while back with the cooked engine and then fitting a used hemi from ebay but I am not great with wiring so maybe a bridge to far, its gone now anyway hey ho

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14

If you don't mind going mid 90's there are a few v8 5.2s and if you're very lucky 5.9s floating around.
All left hand drive and all as bullet proof as the 4 litre.
Willo on here had one.......

If ya got some wedge there's the SRT8 6.0 litre job that's ballistic but think around £12k up

The early v8s will be around £2k

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member

fett

feckin ell, if that was on lpg I would have bought it now!

I love it, a hemi is way to expensive so thats ideal!

I preffered lhd when in the sates as I got a bad arm and its better for it.

If anyone sees one on lpg let me know , also what to look out for when inspecting them

Many thanks

ferretjuggler

Hmmm.
Asking £2400 for a tidy one.
So how much for one that has been pranged or rolled :017:
5.9 V8 with tuned port injection 230 - 250 Bhp and computer controlled transmission.
Lateral thinking applied.
Complete power train transplant into J series Cherokee.  :ace:
Cheaper than a  TBI kit and you don't need a degree in electrical engineering to fit it.
Even looks like those leather seats might fit.

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member

And here's me being helpful.....

I have a multipoint LPG system and big 80 litre tank on the 1 Tonne......used to be a road going YJ
Yes I know it's only got 6 pots not the manly 8 but it's got to be a simple 2 more injectors and
A reflash of the little ECU thing.

I'm going to remove the whole system....... So it's going cheap or less :icon_twisted:

fett

If you can fit it, make it work and get me a certificate :)

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member

:hysterical:I look at the mass of wires and sensors and it fills me with dread....
I reckon I can take. It apart......but then I need a replacement inlet manifold without the holes drilled in it.
Probably a better deal for an adventurous 4.0 litre owner

UKJeeper

So it's going cheap or less

I could be interested in that, especially at the latter price mentioned...

fett

I hate wires!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up