Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LOOKING FOR OLD O.E. THERMOSTAT CORES FOR WRANGLER CRD  (Read 1623 times)

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK

LOOKING FOR OLD O.E. THERMOSTAT CORES FOR WRANGLER CRD
« on: April 18, 2016, 09:16:00 AM »

HELLO ALL WRANGLER CRD OWNERS!!

I am looking to design a direct replacement, serviceable aftermarket engine thermostat assembly for the V.M. Motori A428 turbo-diesel engine that apparently is available on the current model Jeep Wranglers.  I currently manufacture the only aftermarket engine thermostat assembly for the Jeep Cherokee CRD, (V.M. Motori R425 and R428 engines), and I want to do the same thing with the newer version of V.M. Motori's 2.8L four cylinder engine.

To do this I require O.E. thermostat cores. If anyone knows where I can get some, please let me know. If anyone has a used A428 O.E. thermostat assembly, I would be willing to pay for shipping to take it off your hands. I am especially interested in thermostat cores from the U.K., South African and German markets.

Both of the O.E. thermostat assemblies are expensive to replace, and are of questionable function and quality.  My designs feature machined 6061 anodized aluminum  housings with removable caps that take commonly available and inexpensive thermostat valves.  They flow coolant far better than the O.E. assemblies and give owners optional temperatures to run their engines at.

We here in North America have had a LOT of trouble with the O.E. engine thermostats in our 2005 - 2006 Jeep Liberty CRDs... Even with NEW O.E. thermostats the engines run way too cool for proper operation of the engine.  Power delivery, fuel economy, and reliability all suffer when using the O.E. thermostat.  My design, the Hot Diesel Solutions Model 001 engine thermostat assembly, solves all of the troublesome issues regarding the O.E. thermostat in the Liberty, (Cherokee), CRD and has already proven itself in every virtually every driving condition imaginable, from blazing hot while towing a heavy load, to extreme cold while puttering around town.  The following photos show what the Model 001 looks like...

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK

Re: LOOKING FOR OLD O.E. THERMOSTAT CORES FOR WRANGLER CRD
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 03:51:44 AM »

Surely there is someone on this forum who has a JK Wrangler with a V.M. Motori A428 engine... have any Wrangler CRD owners changed out their thermostat assemblies yet?

frosty 1

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 3
  • Vehicle: JK Wrangler, TJ Wrangler, WJ Grand cherokee
  • Year: 2007
Re: LOOKING FOR OLD O.E. THERMOSTAT CORES FOR WRANGLER CRD
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 05:23:33 AM »

I might be changing one of mine soon, when will yours be in production ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up