Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2001 Grand Cherokee dash dome light  (Read 1184 times)

Andyp

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: Grand Cherokee V8
  • Year: 2001
2001 Grand Cherokee dash dome light
« on: May 08, 2016, 04:44:24 PM »

Yesterday I changed the dash speakers on my Grand and I noticed that the dome light on the passenger side was unplugged. To start with this didn’t surprise me as one of the speakers had been unplugged and the other was missing completely.

I got the vehicle without a manual, and bought one off an auction site, so had always assumed that the lack of a red light when locking up meant I just didn’t have an alarm and didn’t worry about the dome not flashing. I plugged the dome back in and the light is constant, regardless of anything else going on. It doesn’t flash when I lock up, it doesn’t go out at any time either. However, everything else seems to work. The vehicle locks and unlocks fine and, apart from a knackered starter, there haven’t been any issues starting.

Whilst I’m not too bothered about the lack of an alarm, I’m the kind of person who likes things to work if they’re there especially if it’s a simple fix. I must admit, apart from swapping the dome light, I don’t really know where to start to determine if this is worth trying to fix though. Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up