Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.7 WJ Parts Diagrams  (Read 1784 times)

gregwho

2.7 WJ Parts Diagrams
« on: January 06, 2015, 09:57:17 PM »

Does anyone happen to have an exploded parts diagram for the 2.7 WJ's?  Specifically I need the exhaust system - mines blowing and local garage said its because theres a bracket missing up by the cat, but they couldn't tell me what the bracket was, nor would they do the work because it looked a bit "complicated"  :017:

Anyone ever needed to get work done on the top end of their 2.7 exhaust before and if so was it difficult/expensive?

Ta all

Jonny Jeep

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 11
  • Vehicle: TJ 4.0 Sport
  • Year: 1997
Re: 2.7 WJ Parts Diagrams
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 11:33:26 PM »

03 WJ diesel exhaust parts...

merlin22red

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 01:14:35 AM »

Does anyone happen to have an exploded parts diagram for the 2.7 WJ's?  Specifically I need the exhaust system - mines blowing and local garage said its because theres a bracket missing up by the cat, but they couldn't tell me what the bracket was, nor would they do the work because it looked a bit "complicated"  :017:

Anyone ever needed to get work done on the top end of their 2.7 exhaust before and if so was it difficult/expensive?

Ta all

could possibly be the exhaust to manifold clamp, it's a stupid spring clip device, that is quite brittle, approx £40 from dealers, got my last one from Ebay, easy to fit but don't force it they snap easily

gregwho

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 09:48:00 AM »

Jonny, thanks very much for the diagram - it helps to be able to see it!  Just out of interest where did you manage to find that?

Merlin, the bit you mentioned sounds quite probable, as the pipe moves in and out as though its not being held tight together.  I'll give Jeep a buzz and see if they can help out. 

My bro-in-law is a mechanic and he said he could weld it...anyone recommend against that, or could it be a good option?

Jonny Jeep

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 10:46:14 AM »

Got it from the pdf parts list on my computer (uploaded below). Welding it together might cause cracks in the exhaust. A sprung fastener allows movement due to vibation and engine flex from torque.

gregwho

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 12:07:15 PM »

Got it from the pdf parts list on my computer (uploaded below). Welding it together might cause cracks in the exhaust. A sprung fastener allows movement due to vibation and engine flex from torque.

Thank you very much mate, much appreciated.  I'll get the fastener and do it properly.  Do you think I should get the exhaust seal (labelled as "1" on the parts diagram) as well as the clip (labelled as "5")?  Anything else worth changing whilst i'm under there?

gregwho

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 12:48:00 PM »

Just phoned Jeep and they clip is about £36+VAT so not too bad.  The exhaust seal is £18ish +VAT, is it worth it?

gregwho

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 02:32:44 PM »

I found a place called Vospers who sell the parts, and have bitten the bullet and got both the seal and the clip, £60 all in with 1st class delivery.  Will let you know how it goes!

Thanks all for your help and advice

Jonny Jeep

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 09:37:01 AM »

I'd have said get the seal. If the joint's been loose due a missing clip the seal may have worn. Replacing it reduces the chance of any leaks from that area.
Pages: [1]   Go Up