Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New member going to be a dad !! - retro fitting isofix in WJ 4.7 overland  (Read 3943 times)

lew_boi

Hi all !

first post on here. Going to be a dad for the first time in the next few weeks  :icon_biggrin:

Just bought a 2004 WJ 4.7 overland for carting myself, the mrs, young un' and Bow the great dane about.

Has no isofix brackets fitted from standard for a child seat to clip into but have heard with other vehicles its possible to buy the mounting brackets and fit them yourself !?!
Wondered if anyones had any dealings with this ?? and how you went about it ??

Cheers, Lew

jay140285

Hi Lew,

Congratulations and welcome to a problem I had.

In a word I found the answer to be NO.

We ended up going for a Britax First Class plus seat as it fitted both cars we had, Jeep and Scooby.

Be aware that for some reason the seat belts are not the longest on the Jeep and don't go round all the  baby seats, the Britax was the 3rd attempt at a seat.

Also consider that if the Isofix seat you have if for the travel system as ours way at around 9kg (7ish months) your baby will be to heavy and need to upgrade anyway.

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy

Congrats and welcome mate  :greggmo:
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Nosebolt

welcome and enjoy it while you can, with ours the Great Danes wanted to be on the back seat and the kid wanted to be in the boot :hysterical:

seem to remember we had a member go through this before, want to say momo but don't think thats right, but someone will remember and be along soon

jay140285

welcome and enjoy it while you can, with ours the Great Danes wanted to be on the back seat and the kid wanted to be in the boot :hysterical:

seem to remember we had a member go through this before, want to say momo but don't think thats right, but someone will remember and be along soon

Come on dude, read above, it was me in a GC with the issue.

Momo's asked the question about her KJ.

Nosebolt

:banghead: :banghead:

sorry dude, was skimming while trying to write a report, not a good combo.

gotta give me credit though, I did remember some had been through this :003:

jay140285

Its ok mate, that what I do most days, Birties online in the back ground whilst I work

momos

Greeetings!
this is what you want, well suits our KJ a dream.
mamas and papas cybex aton carseat with
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mamas-Papas-Cybex-Aton-Car-Seat-Belted-Base-Non-Isofix-/120918488644?pt=UK_Baby_BabyCarSeatAccessories_SM&hash=item1c274db644
bloody brilliant, we tried loads
congrats and good luck!!!

lew_boi

Thanks for all the comments guys !!

The belted base looks like the way forward but we already have a Recaro young profi plus and it seems you can only get isofix bases for these with no option of a belted version  :banghead:

jay140285

Looks like you will have to do what I did, one seat for one car (saab in my case), then a belted seat ours been the britax as we went for a seat that will last for a few yrs and stays in the Jeep. For £100ish you have a great seat and a safe child in the Jeep.
Pages: [1]   Go Up