Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear Parking sensors  (Read 3719 times)

GCherokee

Rear Parking sensors
« on: September 12, 2012, 05:13:50 PM »

Hello,

Anyone recommend a make of rear parking sensors to fit myself?

Decent ones and not the £12 jobbies on Flea Bay please.

A link would be great too.

Thanks

Regards

Pete

Panic mechanic!

Re: Rear Parking sensors
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 05:20:25 PM »

Not sure any birty will own up to needing parking sensors as we all know where the bumpers are...... Apart from jay!

Tank

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 06:02:28 PM »

I have a set of Scorpian ones.Had them a while but they are still BNIB.Theres 4 sensors,controller and all wiring,and instructions.Made by the same people that do the Alarms.Yours for £40 delivered,same as these,just the old number

http://www.uplandscarradios.com/by-manufacturer/scorpion/scorpion-ps40-parking-sensor/prod_665.html

YT

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 06:07:23 PM »

Steel bumpers. When ya stop going backwards your a half inch too close. :) :) :)

Plank

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 06:26:01 PM »

I get my missus to stand behind me and when she screams as I crush her legs, I know I am just far enough away from any object to avoid damaging the Beast

cheese_aholic

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 07:27:02 PM »

TBH I had the £12 flea bay hobbies on my Laguna, and never had a problem with them...
I now have a set from the RAC still waiting to be fitted to the wife's Beemer; they use a strip of metal stuck inside the bumper so don't need any holes drilling in the bumper to fit the sensors...
Sound very clever, but as I've not got round to actually fitting them yet can't comment as to their effectiveness...

GCherokee

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 12:04:11 PM »

TBH I had the £12 flea bay hobbies on my Laguna, and never had a problem with them...
I now have a set from the RAC still waiting to be fitted to the wife's Beemer; they use a strip of metal stuck inside the bumper so don't need any holes drilling in the bumper to fit the sensors...
Sound very clever, but as I've not got round to actually fitting them yet can't comment as to their effectiveness...

H'mm. That sounds clever.

Thanks for your replies.

Pete

jay140285

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 10:16:57 PM »

Cheers Panic, yes our Grand Cherokee has them fitted from the factory so cannot comment.

Apart from they are useful!

GCherokee

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 12:26:52 PM »

Steel bumpers. When ya stop going backwards your a half inch too close. :) :) :)

Hell - parking sensors are cheaper. That appeals to me more cause of my Scottish blood.

AND - why are there no Scottish or Welsh flag wavers in the emoticons? Thats not good enough.

YT

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 02:40:12 PM »

Hell - parking sensors are cheaper. That appeals to me more cause of my Scottish blood.

AND - why are there no Scottish or Welsh flag wavers in the emoticons? Thats not good enough.
I've a 96 cherry, steel bumpers are standard. Lol

GCherokee

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 02:54:45 PM »

Mutter mutter - bet you have not got four beer holders though.  :icon_jook:

Brynjaminjones

• "Abe Lincoln"
  • Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 8
  • Vehicle: '98 XJ Cherokee 4.0 Limited, '97 ZJ Grand Cherokee 4.0 Limited, '91 Hunter Green SJ Grand Wagoneer 360
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 03:19:43 PM »

Get a tow bar too and you're sorted! Dad once managed to knock a Mazda's bumper off without leaving a scratch on the XJ! :003:

YT

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »

Mutter mutter - bet you have not got four beer holders though.  :icon_jook:

No, just the 2 between the front seats. Lol
Oh, and this at the front to cover numpties in hot hatches what can't reverse. :) :) :)

GCherokee

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 05:01:49 PM »

Get a tow bar too and you're sorted! Dad once managed to knock a Mazda's bumper off without leaving a scratch on the XJ! :003:

I got one - I got one!!!!

I tow a caravan you see. Anyway, I dont call it a towbar - I call it the shin breaker and it has been known to decimate the odd plastic bumper - especially on Vauxhalls and Renaults.

I just LOVE testing the bumper strength on Renaults.   :icon_super:

GCherokee

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »

YT - Holy cow. That's some motor. Thanks for the picture.

She - or is it He - looks the bis.

Last winter around here the police and ambulance authorities were looking for vehicles like yours to take people to hospital and the suchlike. They were paying well too.

Is that mud or camouflage?

GCherokee

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 10:55:29 PM »

Just one other question - are the sensors themselves all the same and are there 'good' ones and 'bad shoddy ones'?

YT

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 12:08:33 AM »

Used to be a member of SE4x4 response when I had the x trail. Now registered with volunteer 4x4. (Less hassle and complications)
Just mud. The cherry doesn't do hideing. Lol

Brynjaminjones

• "Abe Lincoln"
  • Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 8
  • Vehicle: '98 XJ Cherokee 4.0 Limited, '97 ZJ Grand Cherokee 4.0 Limited, '91 Hunter Green SJ Grand Wagoneer 360
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 12:15:07 AM »

YT, I'm very much liking how you've fitted the stock end caps over the custom bumper, it looks good. :icon_super:

YT

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 12:10:29 PM »

The HD center section has the same profile as the standard bumper. It had short end caps with it but would have ment changing/modifying the flares and plastic arch inserts. Worked out easier to just trim back the standard end caps, mount in standard and a couple of speed screws into the bumper.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up