Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tyres... Which tyres... Any thoughts/suggestions??  (Read 3277 times)

greggmo

• Founder
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 2
Re: Tyres... Which tyres... Any thoughts/suggestions??
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 01:12:14 AM »

had both bfg and coopers. for me coopers all the way. they are the size they say for starters and on the black stuff you really wouldnt know you are on muds. but each to their own. both will serve you well.

IrishCJ6

• Guru
  • Guru: 3
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 08:52:35 AM »

I would go Stt's all the way if it was between BFG and STT''s. I choose the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw for something different. But I would have had the STT's if I hadn't. The old BFG M MT's were a good tyre as I had these originally, however the tread pattern on the KM2's is no where near as aggressive and thus I can't see them wbeing as good on the dirty stuff. Why pay more for the same thing or should I say a lesser quality tyre. Buy the STT'S and be done with it.

Arno

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 08:08:48 PM »

The old BFG M MT's were a good tyre as I had these originally, however the tread pattern on the KM2's is no where near as aggressive and thus I can't see them wbeing as good on the dirty stuff.

Think you just nailed it with this comment .. Sort of advise I was looking for :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up