Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: xj rear diff  (Read 4294 times)

brk

xj rear diff
« on: June 04, 2005, 09:52:25 PM »

Hi guys just after a bit of advice on my rear diff, pulled cover off to change oil and found 2 pieces of wire that look like parts of the clips that hold the clutche plates in,so had a closer look with light and it appears that outside plate on clutch plates is in about 3 pieces, is this ok.Diff seems to be working ok no bad noises . everything else appears ok, If this is a prob I guess its a diff out job Any thoughts? thanks from NZ Rugby capital of the world

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 10:29:00 PM »

brk......I thought Leeds Rhinos was the rugby capitol of the world :D

That said hi to a birty from the other side of the world

I trust Dr Mike  + others will respond soon with relavent teccy advice

greggmo

• Founder
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 2
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 12:35:03 AM »

mmm dificult one, could be the c clips. i think bubba might have an idea what it could be.

Mike Pavelin

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 07:09:54 AM »

If the discs are breaking up, you need to replace them 'cos you don't want bits of metal floating around in there. You can do it yourself if you are a competent home mechanic if you make up a tool to compress the clutch packs for reassembly and have a sturdy workbench and vice. The clutch packs are about £120 from Jeep. The wire is probably part of the retainers foe a clutch pack, the C-clips are 4mm thick steel and the driveshafts would slip out of the diff if these had gone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up