Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 50   Go Down

Author Topic: tales from the workshop  (Read 172232 times)

MOCAJ

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 4
Re: tales from the workshop
« Reply #800 on: July 17, 2011, 10:08:24 PM »

it is a bad trapping area.

When i replaced all the brake lines on my 97 i did not replace the skirts, at least when jet washing you can now get to this area  :icon_winkle:
short term jeep owner since 2005, every truck is a never ending project. Birtys, the best club in Jeepland

Bishops Finger

« Reply #801 on: July 17, 2011, 10:24:05 PM »

Noted Mr Morris...the descent yesterday was interesting...

MOCAJ

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #802 on: July 18, 2011, 07:32:19 AM »

so had the brake pipe corroded thru causing Gaz and Sarahs problem and did the pipe have that spring like protection around it cos that does not help, the mud clings to it.

Jeep must have realised this as my old 03 reg had smooth brake lines all round
short term jeep owner since 2005, every truck is a never ending project. Birtys, the best club in Jeepland

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
« Reply #803 on: July 18, 2011, 07:19:11 PM »

it had corroded yes but they were smooth un armoured i could only see one on the whole truck with it on the one that runs to the rear axle

re the armour not helping steve i am not sure    this going to sound crazy but i have almost never had to replace the armoured type fitted to cjs 
in fact both my scramblers still run the original 30yr old brake pipes   sound insane i know but if there were shot they would have been gone long ago

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

MOCAJ

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #804 on: July 18, 2011, 08:37:32 PM »

indeed, it was doctor death who didnt like mine

i changed to a different surgery now  :icon_winkle:

Dave69

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 15
  • Vehicle: CJ-7 4.2 auto
  • Year: 1979
« Reply #805 on: July 18, 2011, 09:31:50 PM »

the coil spring armour is a rot trap on brake lines, rip it out and replace with new. Before flaring one end slide plastic heat shrink tubing over the pipe for added protection, then heat slightly to constrict the tube. clear heat shrink is the better option, then put final nut in place and apply the appropriate end flare and fit
XJ 2.5 diesel - dead. XJ 4.0 6" lift - sold to some lucky person
CJ7 4.2 auto standard(ish)
Alfa 147 jtdm

gazjeep

• Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 9
  • Vehicle: TJ - Der Panzer - CBR
« Reply #806 on: July 19, 2011, 11:24:37 PM »

Picked up the TJ tonight, another MJS triumph, much appreciated Mr Morris  :icon_jook:
Taking ya girl to heaven & back

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
« Reply #807 on: August 13, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »

well what a frustrating time i am having this year has been unusual year that has seen my hands tied regarding time to get stuff done
but now i am a bit like a juggler that has just dropped his balls

just come in from the garage after giving up on the 3b handbrake cables [just to stretched] i need to get new ones to get an mot-able handbrake shame as i had a provisional mot today so as it now stands horn needs a rewire screen washers just stopped working  and as the kids are now up and sat is family day i will have a go tomorrow at it and try to work out where to get new cables

my 3b has the later crap handbrake that works on the wheels rather than the more common transmission handbrake i wonder if i can fit the old type instead ?

sunday will also be a day to give my orange scrambler a fresh once over for its mot going to try and get that in next saterday morning i can honestly say i can only think of one minor thing that it will prob need once it has mot it will go on ebay
PRE EBAY BIRTY OFFER £5000 QUID WITH A TRUCK CAB THROWN IN ON 33S  £4500 on 31s and no cab

folowing the hopefull sale of the orange one the red one will be for sale lifted 35s v8 lockers eddelbroke parts a plenty far to much to just reel off
BUT its been off the road for just over 3years and the rear diff bearings are fooked and it has a few bubbly paint areas nothing bad  or any holes but they are there to offset this i will be throwing in ALL MY SPARES  inc 2xaxles 2x gearboxes 2x new eddelbroke performer carbs pluss inlet to suit and rockers
new wings new ujs x10 at least rotors altinators starter motors ans the new bearings for axle plus new wheel bearings seals lots of new stuff and lots of good spares probably more that will fit the rear bed  i would think to but all the new spares would get ya close or poss over 2k never minf selling off starters or radiators
PRE EBAY BIRTY OFFER £5000 WITH ALL SPARES OR £4500 LESS THE 5 35 INCH TYRES

there that sorts the e bay bit about advertised else where  if a propper buyer wants to come forward and talk turkey i may be able to trim a deal to fit 

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #808 on: August 13, 2011, 09:04:15 AM »

bargains

and say Hi to my Bastard for me please
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
« Reply #809 on: August 13, 2011, 09:10:13 AM »

once the sales have been sorted i will be looking for a new family troop truck  not an easy task i need a truck that has

1  at least 7 seats pluss room for pram/luggage

2  be rugged to stand said troops

3  must 30mpg or very close

4  must be fixable by self

5  must be able to tow another vehicle over distance

6  must have cheap and easy parts new and second hand

7  insurance and overal costs need be sensable

dunno what you lot think  please ad vise your input  but dare i say it that looks a lot like to me ... a 110 tdi 5 door landy  :icon_redface:

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #810 on: August 13, 2011, 09:18:21 AM »

shogun?

altho chattin to a bloke a few weeks ago who said he was gettin shot of his coz if he was drivin after 11pm he always got pulled by plod coz they thort he was a didi
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
« Reply #811 on: August 13, 2011, 09:21:18 AM »

surance and parts to dear plus a real dids motor

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
« Reply #812 on: August 13, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »

chav dids at that

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #813 on: August 13, 2011, 09:26:48 AM »

how bout lookin at gettin the 6/7 seat conversion from a volvo off fleabay and that may open ya market on a 4x4?

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
« Reply #814 on: August 13, 2011, 09:34:03 AM »

have considered almost everything but they all lack pram/luggage space
we lookin at a minibus size vehicle in reality to have enough room and a transit really would be a did mobile and ldv :hysterical:
so the only non jap thing that can do everything seems to be a 110
plus i need to be able to fix my own i am not going to pay others due to lektrikifcation problems

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #815 on: August 13, 2011, 09:35:08 AM »

looks like ya doomed to a landy then mate  :003:

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #817 on: August 13, 2011, 09:42:13 AM »

Bubba shaggin wagon  :hysterical:

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
« Reply #818 on: August 13, 2011, 09:45:10 AM »

yes i fully understand the mirt this will attract but heyhoo to fit the mpg size fixability and towing there are few options

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #819 on: August 13, 2011, 09:46:12 AM »

you should try an espace, then u will be the subject of some mirth  :003:

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
« Reply #820 on: August 13, 2011, 10:24:19 AM »

:hysterical: i am not that sad or daft  :hysterical: :hysterical:

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

Tank

« Reply #821 on: August 13, 2011, 10:42:38 AM »

shogun?

altho chattin to a bloke a few weeks ago who said he was gettin shot of his coz if he was drivin after 11pm he always got pulled by plod coz they thort he was a didi

Shoguns no good,if you get a 7 seater,theres no room for nothing in the back really,after looking at mine,the 110 makes perfect sense and ticks every box on Bubbas list,though at the momnet mine wont do the 30mpg due to the fuel leak...... :011:

Tank

« Reply #822 on: August 13, 2011, 10:44:14 AM »

how bout lookin at gettin the 6/7 seat conversion from a volvo off fleabay and that may open ya market on a 4x4?

Again,no good,yes it has the seats,but extra seats are in the boot,so if you use them,you lose all the luggage space

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
« Reply #823 on: August 13, 2011, 10:45:33 AM »

had a shock just asked fux about surance very cheap septin a funny thing they wont do a twelve seater very odd

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

Tank

« Reply #824 on: August 13, 2011, 10:51:43 AM »

had a shock just asked fux about surance very cheap septin a funny thing they wont do a twelve seater very odd

I guess with 12 seats it becomes a minibus,but i wouldnt fit 12 seats anyway.You can actually get individual seats for the rear instead of bench seats and you get 2 each side so will make it only 10 seats,like these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-LAND-ROVER-COUNTY-DEFENDER-SEATS-BROWN-LOOK-/270788735429?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0c4431c5#ht_500wt_1156
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 50   Go Up