Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Cherokee XJ Crew cab  (Read 54163 times)

Green Jeep

Re: Cherokee XJ Crew cab
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2011, 02:04:59 PM »

Right....

Lift kit on, nice and flexi now...

Arches chopped out...

Back cut off....

Ready for punch hunt....

Weight loss began...

Found a tidier way to cut the D pillars....

Happy... kept old tailgate from last Cherokee to speed it up, totally time inc rear lights etc... half a day....

Nice flex...

Just got front recovery points and would be nice to get to get green paint on...

Used Mirror from Mk1 Cherokee and my special quick release system...

Green Jeep

« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2011, 02:25:01 PM »

We had an old megane that made an excellent ramp, plus a nice work bench to articulate the wheel away so more grinder action...

Compared swampers against mates 35" Simex, not much in it  :D

Quick release mirror from mk1 Cherokee

Not exactly water tight with recent pick up conversion...

No messing with arch cutting, simple...

Sticker on, well pleased with articulation...

Rear fits perfect...

Front still tight on wheel arch, but smooth surface to rub on...

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2011, 09:24:38 AM »

how many have you killed in the last few years? and is there a recurring theme of failure?
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2011, 09:37:44 AM »

yup they all had his name on v5

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2011, 09:53:52 AM »

:hysterical: yup, we need a mod to attach the moniker of 'Jeep Killer' :hysterical:
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Dave69

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 15
  • Vehicle: CJ-7 4.2 auto
  • Year: 1979
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2011, 05:29:29 PM »

jeep killer beats car park attendant
XJ 2.5 diesel - dead. XJ 4.0 6" lift - sold to some lucky person
CJ7 4.2 auto standard(ish)
Alfa 147 jtdm

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2011, 07:43:43 PM »

:eusa_naughty: you may well have harassed a certain JK owner outa birtys but dont you be startin on Panic as well - he may be a googlin numpty with no taste in paint but he is our googlin numpty with no taste in paint and he kinda protected as he is the worlds only googlin numpty with no taste in paint

u dont wanna be startin on endangered species  :066:

I got ya back Panic  :icon_winkle:

gazjeep

• Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 9
  • Vehicle: TJ - Der Panzer - CBR
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2011, 08:21:54 PM »

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
Taking ya girl to heaven & back

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2011, 08:25:20 PM »

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Green Jeep

« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2011, 11:52:22 AM »

how many have you killed in the last few years? and is there a recurring theme of failure?

haha, I actually saved this one from going to the scrappy... they come to me for throw away money, (this one was £220)... so when I'm done I can strip, weigh in and even make a couple of quid...

Please to say came first in class (non winched) and 2nd overall (beatin lots of winched trucks) in last weeks punch hunt... truck will also be used for lanes, we have some proper tight ones in this area and damage can happen, the pick up helps a great deal.

But in short change my status to Jeep Killer, haha, also have this XJ at the mo...bought just for the brand new Discovery STT's which are awesome...

Bushwacker arches aint gunna last long on tight rocky lanes...

Cheers Maf

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2011, 07:03:09 PM »

and i thought shitwacker was claimin to have sorted their snappin probs  :jpshakehead:

so I had better go see what cost discovery stt come in at 35's

and Birty Dawg, do ya stuff  :icon_winkle:

Green Jeep

« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2011, 07:57:59 PM »

and i thought shitwacker was claimin to have sorted their snappin probs  :jpshakehead:

so I had better go see what cost discovery stt come in at 35's

and Birty Dawg, do ya stuff  :icon_winkle:

Shitwacker, like that... haha... they are just to rigid, retard arches are the way forward (flat rubber conveyor belt)...

Discovery STT's are awesome, don't get me wrong, BF's prob better, but they are 50% more to buy... mate got 33" STT's fitted for £113....

Bishops Finger

« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2011, 12:19:04 AM »

Maf...thats cool...dont suppose £8.27 and a Morrisons pork chop would do the deal?

Tank

« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2011, 12:38:50 AM »

Them flares look like fibreglass to me,so probably those cheap polish copies and not Bushwacker

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2011, 04:48:32 AM »

Green Jeep

« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2011, 10:57:04 AM »

Them flares look like fibreglass to me,so probably those cheap polish copies and not Bushwacker

I'd agree with that, all show and no go... haha...

Green Jeep

« Reply #166 on: August 19, 2011, 05:33:39 PM »

35's at £161

http://www.4x4tyres.co.uk/35125015-cooper-discoverer-p-768.html?utm_source=google

so near as dammit same as a Mudzilla

Have heard Discovery are not going to be making any STT's anymore....

Green Jeep

« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2012, 07:16:32 PM »

Sorry for no project pics/details for a while, busy at work (moved our entire garage) and little happening over winter.... now we have started a our own punch hunt series, sadly broke a driveshaft and made a mess of front axle on first event, still finished it though....so had just one week to prepare black Cherokee into punch hunt truck, have now got the pick up conversion, including rear lights tucked in, in just 2 1/4 hours, have now got a winch, 8274, wide drum with Bow 1, went for realible steady pull over speed, winch tray is bolt on and uses original bolts and location holes, four each side...

Next up is roll cage, not a massive make truck bigger one, more as a protection as push pass stuff one... then swap decent rough country lift, flexi arms, lockers and lower gearing from dead cherokee and hopefully well have a cracking truck. This will put us in the top class up against twin winched trucks, but hopefully lockers and swampers will mean we can drive to more punches than winching...

Was thinking of making a proper two door pick up like we did before (see this post) but special stages on punch hunts are quicker if crewman can be in back and reach both sides (you have to start and finish in seats but can move through truck not allowed to touch ground)... we have one section where you have six golf balls that you put you into cups then you return and collect them, dropped golf balls equals penatly... fastest time more points etc...

Oh and we've moved into the sticks, lovely farmhouse in Cornwall, very rancho relaxo and some gnarly lanes are within half a mile, happy days indeed!

Cheers Maf

Green Jeep

« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2012, 06:01:35 AM »

Lift kit all on, now 5" front and 4.5" rear.... very supple.... very pleased...

Bulldog67

• Guru

Brynjaminjones

• "Abe Lincoln"
  • Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 8
  • Vehicle: '98 XJ Cherokee 4.0 Limited, '97 ZJ Grand Cherokee 4.0 Limited, '91 Hunter Green SJ Grand Wagoneer 360
« Reply #170 on: May 26, 2012, 11:17:34 PM »

Green Jeep, have you been laning around Lostwithiel anytime in the last couple of years? I saw a group of 4x4s go through with an XJ just like yours, and I've been keeping my eyes peeled ever since!

Bryn

Green Jeep

Green Jeep

« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2012, 07:13:21 AM »

Green Jeep, have you been laning around Lostwithiel anytime in the last couple of years? I saw a group of 4x4s go through with an XJ just like yours, and I've been keeping my eyes peeled ever since!

Bryn

Hi,

Yep that would be me... I've had 10+ XJ's and at least three of them have been turned into a pick up.... catch up with us on www.gnarlylaners.com

Cheers Maf

Latest mods.....

Was concerned about brand new radiator getting a stick through it... Rich had binned the old grill and he new front panel was fitted in seconds...

So this spare waffle was quickly cut down and in place...

Happy days... will be cracking on with Wrangler for a bit so no work on Cherokee for a while... plans for cooling fan for ECU, remount 2nd battery somewhere else, remove viscous fan and fit slim line electric fan... and possible head gasket replacement along with bonnet vents and extra cooling, 4 litre and auto gets scorchio

Really pleased with new suspension set up and the winch worked a treat on Sunday... 1st in class, overall 2nd (beat trucks with front & rear winches) and won one of the special stages... Punch hunts rock!

Green Jeep

« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2012, 06:11:42 AM »

Some action shots... very sticky in their, swampers did their job well....

Which got us out, ground anchor worked well all day...

Green Jeep

« Reply #174 on: June 04, 2012, 06:05:24 PM »

Right, always suspected head gasket was weak on this Cherokee, so this morning we thought lets crack on, managed to head off in under two hours... leaving manifolds on made it much quicker.... happy days....

Gasket was weeping between 3 and 4 pot, which was kinda good as we wanted to see summat eh... will lose themostat, visous fan and replace with electric, so will have 2 x electric fans and brrraaaannnnndddd nnneeewww rad, plus all the galleries will be pressure washed, happy days....

Question.... I'd really like to hone the bores whilst there as should be easy to do, crank and pistons can be taken out without removing engine, new rings, shells, clean throughout gotta be worth doing eh? Will price parts on Wednesday...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up