Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Air con leakage - 2004 Cherokee  (Read 1043 times)

Simon J

Air con leakage - 2004 Cherokee
« on: September 26, 2011, 02:47:44 PM »

Three consecutive eight or ten hour days of motoring with the air con on resulted in the dreaded condenser overflow leaking into the passenger side foot well and drowning the carpets, both front and back. Where do I look to find the drain which is presumably blocked? And I read that there was an additional drain pipe supplied for the 2002 Liberty - is it needed for the 2004 model?

The Transporter

• Guru
  • Guru: 1
    • http://www.hofmannheating.co.uk
Re: Air con leakage - 2004 Cherokee
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 12:08:35 AM »

Have a look in the passenger footwell to the centre of the car and locate the condensate for the aircon evaporator. (Not worked on this car but they are nearly always there. It should be plastic with an outlet moulded into it with a flexible pipe clipped on to it. Hold a tray under the outletand pull of the flexi pipe, a lot of water should flow out and you will catch it in the tray. Once it has been drained off you can have a look at the condensate pipe which can be cleared by either blowing down it or sticking a long cable tie down it to clear the debris.

OR have a looksee under the car untill you find a rubber/ flexible pipe that looks like its a drain... shove a cable tie up it or using a seperate pipe, blow up the drain gently to clear the blockage...

The condensate outlet is always the lowest part of the HVAC system....

Hope this helps dude...........
The gas man is a bit like the grim reaper...He rarely brings good news

Simon J

Re: Air con leakage - 2004 Cherokee
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 08:07:17 AM »

Many thanks for this advice - I'll check this out on Saturday morning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up