Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two tech questions....................?  (Read 1312 times)

Mudrat

Two tech questions....................?
« on: April 20, 2012, 07:09:59 PM »

Right first easy. Gonna fit my hard top, how?
Second harder. Got a noise coming from the bottom/side (not sure which though) like a piece of grit stuck in a brake, but it's not that, it only sounds when the vehicle moving so not the engine, not breaks as the noise doesn't change when I brake. I have greased up all the nipples apart from the props ( I know it may be those!! ) but when I jacked up the front n/s wheel and spun it, it was fine and no noise from the shaft. Anyone?    :peekaboo:

MOCAJ

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 4
Re: Two tech questions....................?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 07:12:09 PM »

double cardon joint on front prop, when dry makes all sorts of noises, sometimes like a bird  :icon_winkle:
short term jeep owner since 2005, every truck is a never ending project. Birtys, the best club in Jeepland

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 07:12:23 PM »

hardtop - 2 people to lift it on, bolt it down (unless a tj has a fancier system than a CJ)
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Mudrat

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 07:37:04 PM »

double cardon joint on front prop, when dry makes all sorts of noises, sometimes like a bird  :icon_winkle:

How do I get a grease gun on the nipple, also is the dbl Cardon yoke both ends?

MOCAJ

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 4
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 07:46:04 PM »

the double cardon joint is about a third of the way down from the transfer case, you only have one.

It is easiest to take the prop off as the skid plate makes it mega tricky but it can be done.
If your DC is greasable get in there but you may need a needle adaptor. If it is stock it will be non greasable but you can grease the centre pin by carefully sticking a needle adaptor under the rubber cover and giving it a good blast

good luck and make sure you support the transmission if you drop the skid plate  :greggmo:
short term jeep owner since 2005, every truck is a never ending project. Birtys, the best club in Jeepland

Mudrat

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 08:41:12 PM »

Thanks mate will get a needle adaptor just in case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up