Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: expiry dates on gas tanks ? check your lpg jeep  (Read 8080 times)

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
Re: expiry dates on gas tanks ? check your lpg jeep
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 09:03:32 PM »

i smell bull shit

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Panic mechanic!

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2012, 09:41:06 PM »

nah your just stiring it, if you stop the smell will go away. :lol_hitting:

Panic mechanic!

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 11:00:44 AM »

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 07:33:48 PM »

:017: so as i am rather thick what are you trying to say ??????????? that a lpg fire is a more grusome way to die than a good old petrol fire ??? ya know i thought burning to death was more or less the same agonising death and lets face it we have driven vehicles with petrol bombs underneath there ass for over a hundred years and truth be told i bet most vehicle fires are lecky based  maybe you can spend some time reseaching statistics to the point we will be afraid to sleep at night

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Panic mechanic!

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2012, 08:13:26 PM »

nah, it was just something sent to me , interesting enough tho I have spoken to a woman called suzanne this morning at the lpg association, and its the present standing is  tanks do expire but there is no requirement to have them changed altho for safety sake you should  do, by a lpga approved installer ( no surprise there) the  requirement to show a valid certificate before mot never made it into law as it would be hard to implement  if certificates were lost or stolen ( apparently quite common among lardies) and not all garages have internet access to use their site to check registrations against the register.
So basically its now just down to the leak test as per a petrol vehicle and if your vehicle is not declared to your insurance company as having lpg  you are likely to have voided any insurance policy.

what I did find interesting with the video is that  it takes 3 mins for  bish to blow up but over 10mins for someone with even a dodgy lpg installation.

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 08:49:00 PM »

you are turnin into Dave69's love child dood  :icon_eek:

ya gotta chill on this nerd stuff and chattin to mystery men called suzanne
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Panic mechanic!

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 08:54:07 PM »

I did not know she was once a man , obviously  you have had more in depth :icon_butt:  dealings with her.

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 08:56:50 PM »

she has to be a man, or at the very least a tranny, none of the women i have known would be interested in geeky shite like that

mind u i never been involved with a minger so maybe they do brain dead stuff so as to appear more interestin to a dood that is more in their league  :003:
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2012, 09:39:48 PM »

:017: so explain to my old slow mind panic 

was that a government minister way of saying i was wrong ???????????? or a hillery clinton i mispoke ???????

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2012, 09:42:31 PM »

u read what he put  :icon_eek:

Panic mechanic!

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2012, 09:46:07 PM »

I was going by the info given to me so I stand corrected  :lol_hitting:I was not on the grassy knoll but in my defence I would say for me safety comes first.

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 10:55:54 PM »

sorry if you feel i am being pointed about it but as someone who peristantly quotes legislation and regs on everything from space travel to tape worm farming i think you should be a litle more careful i am fortunate enough to know you in real life but there are folk on birtys who dont and they may get the impresion you are a cross between rumpole of the baily and steven hawking its fine to be an expert in your field just be careful what field you are standing in

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

Panic mechanic!

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2012, 10:51:30 AM »

Ok sorry If I do appear to that, when I first talked to vosa it was over wolverhampton when we took the H2 for the MOT at the ministry site, Was talking to the examiner over there as the guys who own the hummer were thinking about getting it on lpg and that  was the information I was given at the time(october 2011). Talking to the woman at the LPGA yesterday she did say that is what they intended to do  but come  the day it came into place , it was much watered down.Thing is when buying a car running LPG  I would want the tanks to be safe, they are a pressure vessel, they do have an expiry date but no one can force you to change them, its just advised you do or at least get them checked.
I now I what I would do and a car with expired tanks or no certificate is only worth scrap in my eyes.

scrw

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2012, 11:06:30 AM »

a car with expired tanks or no certificate is only worth scrap in my eyes.

err, isn't is just a car without a certified LPG kit, a bit over dramatic saying its scrap.

Panic mechanic!

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2012, 11:26:32 AM »

maybe so but as I said in my eyes...

scrw

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2012, 11:55:34 AM »

Mr "glass 1/2 empty & we're doomed"  :hysterical:

Panic mechanic!

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2012, 01:20:50 PM »

What worries me more is that people with qualifications in mechanics don't know where to check such information so it would seem I am not the only one standing in the wrong field.
But let's leave it now everyone has differing views. And interpretations and that's where they a best left

Bishops Finger

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2012, 05:20:27 PM »

There is another solution...take the whole lot out and chuck it over a hedge..
 :icon_twisted:

MOCAJ

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 4
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2012, 05:32:54 PM »

mmmm, there may be a job opportunity for you Bish  :icon_winkle: can you ride a horse ?
short term jeep owner since 2005, every truck is a never ending project. Birtys, the best club in Jeepland

gazjeep

• Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 9
  • Vehicle: TJ - Der Panzer - CBR
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2012, 05:39:36 PM »

Horse is stretching a point, pony more appropriate methinks  :003:
Taking ya girl to heaven & back

Bishops Finger

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2012, 05:48:14 PM »

I've ridden a few dogs :icon_rolleyes:

Plank

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2012, 06:57:23 PM »

As I had stated previously nothing is in the MOT specifically regarding LPG converted vehicles or the installation of the equipment. It appears that there are people contributing to this site putting forward personally motivated dis-information because they do not like a LPG conversion on a Jeep.

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2012, 08:39:58 PM »

:imwitstupid:

Dave69

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 15
  • Vehicle: CJ-7 4.2 auto
  • Year: 1979
Re: Re: expiry dates on gas tanks ? check your lpg jeep
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2012, 08:43:10 PM »

Doesnt this follow the same line as airbag use by dates that never got implemented

Posted from my phone as its quicker than the pc connection
XJ 2.5 diesel - dead. XJ 4.0 6" lift - sold to some lucky person
CJ7 4.2 auto standard(ish)
Alfa 147 jtdm

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2012, 09:14:24 PM »

As someone who lives with someone who can drink from the glass half empty glass in every situation I know that it is incurable, and I also know its a horrible way to live and quite obviously robs the joy out of any situation, so tbh we should ease up on panic, and who knows, he may even be right here, we shouldnt just dismiss him in every thread just because of the continous doom stuff

It cant be good to keep hearing "are you shitting me" all throughout ya life  :icon_sad:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up