Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prinz multipoint lpg problem  (Read 1456 times)

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
prinz multipoint lpg problem
« on: September 04, 2012, 06:44:30 PM »

how i wish i still had my 6.2 chevy blazer  :jpshakehead: :jpshakehead:

fitted to zj everything looks ok but has stopped switching to lpg or rather it does then a short splutter and reverts back to petrol....... yes it is full all conections look good and nothing to be seen amiss ....................also the odd beeper thing seems to be from the lpg kit help i have no info and given the upcoming event this could be a major issue as it needs to tow the mindy as the mot expired today  :banghead: :banghead:

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
Re: prinz multipoint lpg problem
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 07:03:02 PM »

A mate has been having probs with his..... Took it to a gas bloke...... Who has a nice V10 ram with gas and he cleaned the filters out and all OK now. just a shot in the dark suggestion. :icon_twisted:

Panic mechanic!

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 07:34:07 PM »

Change in line filters as above and cover the tank if it's in strong sunlight

scrw

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 08:12:49 PM »

cover the tank if it's in strong sunlight

WTF  :017:

If anything a warm tank aids LPG delivery, as the ambient pressure will be raised ever so slightly

Panic mechanic!

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 08:57:34 PM »

"yes but if the lines from the tank. Get to warm you get a weak gas mix and they splutter, all comes down to reinstallation

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 09:48:49 PM »

Filter is a good call, I have an OK one you can have but not much good if you can't get to CF. Could be an electrical glitch tripping the lpg system out or a genuine leak. Bubbly water in a spray can is good for leak checking. Ignition parts need to be good too but I think you'd diagnose problems there pretty easily.

I have some lpg software and connectors that might help but again only really at CF cost I'm flat out and away from home until Thursday night.

If any help to your despair I getting rid of the log from my xj and you're welcome to any part or all of it. It's OMVL not prins but good kit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up