Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CJ7 LPG conversion  (Read 1213 times)

China Blue

CJ7 LPG conversion
« on: January 03, 2013, 01:18:03 AM »

Who manufactures the best LPG conversion for a CJ7 with a 4.2 engine?

Panic mechanic!

Re: CJ7 LPG conversion
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 03:15:25 PM »

for a cj you need a basic single point system or if you can get one, one that has an under carb mixer ideally

China Blue

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 03:38:48 PM »

Thanks for the info. Could you please tell me the difference between a single point system with and without a under carb mixer. Any recommendations for suppliers of under carb mixers for a 258 would be appreciated. 

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 04:08:31 PM »

Email tinley tech - they will giv ya chapter and verse and costs on diffrnt systems - just giv them a few days to reply
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Panic mechanic!

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 04:09:42 PM »

the only difference is with a single point system it is very basic, the gas is introduced to the engine above the carb and is drawn thru the engine in pretty much the same was as petrol so you have a mixer plate mounted  above the carb.the other type ( more seen in the US) is to have a plate that is mounted underneath the carb , the only difference is where the gas is mixed, the improvement with the second type is that there is less chance of the system backfiring, with the first type when then engine coughs it pushes gas back into the airbox which then ignites and blows the air filter  houseing to bits. Most lpg suppliers should be able to provide a single point system,that will work on the cj

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 07:20:03 PM »

do as much research as you can speak to installers

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 07:22:05 PM »

:imwitstupid: when I emailed tinley they at least came back with 3 different prices (£800 difference top to bottom) and explained what the differences were
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

China Blue

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 07:51:56 PM »

Thanks to all for the advice and information.
Pages: [1]   Go Up