Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CJ7 Soft Top HELP PLEASE  (Read 1025 times)

Bigfeetrob

CJ7 Soft Top HELP PLEASE
« on: April 01, 2013, 08:10:57 PM »

I bought the CJ at the end of last year and the chap said that this was the only top he had for it but I don't know what's going on as it has the two rear windows missing with no signs of zippers to fasten the missing bits in even if I had them..... But there are the popper bits on the tub which look like the missing windows pop onto

There was some extra metal work with the Jeep which from looking at it goes in behind the doors and across to the screen but again no where for this to fasten onto this top. So is this like a bikini top and is supposed to have those bits missing ? :017:

My dilemma is do I take this one down to the local boat yard and see if they can sew in the missing bits (which I know wont fit perfectly but will fill in the gaps) or can I get a replacement top with the windows in or do I have to bite the bullet and get a brand new bestop in from the states/lighthouse

Just looking for advice from fellow Jeep owners as to what I have and where to go with it all

Ta
Rob

Nosebolt

Re: CJ7 Soft Top HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »

didn't they do a top called island top or something like that , I'm sure that came with no sides.

UKJeeper

Re: CJ7 Soft Top HELP PLEASE
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 10:43:08 PM »

Something doesn't look quite right. Those holes in the tub look like there used to be a rail for a top rather than poppers. If you have to go with a new top, take a look at the site below. Bestop now has a UK distributor. I just got a replace a top from there for my YJ. Not cheap perhaps but cheaper than getting it from overseas. Doubt lighthouse will have it.

http://bestop.co.uk/jeep/cj-7-1981-1986

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD
Pages: [1]   Go Up