Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freezing!  (Read 1056 times)

raps

Freezing!
« on: November 10, 2013, 03:35:59 PM »

Hi all, my 2003 KJ TDI heating system is'nt!, if you see what I mean. Fans work, I can select where to send the cold air, I just can't get any heat out of it. The engine warms up quickly and runs perfectly at normal, just no heat through the heater, anyone got any clues?, thanks.

Cockney Boy

Re: Freezing!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 04:37:40 PM »

Have you checked to see if the hot cable from the controls is still attached to the blend door ? These have a habit of coming off

bgbazz

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: Was a KJ, now a VW
  • Year: 2003
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 05:49:00 PM »

Try disconnecting both the hoses leading to the matrix..at the motor end..and using a hosepipe with gentle pressure, make sure you have water flowing through..try it both ways to be sure.

I'm not saying that your problem lies there, but one of my local members had a similar problem recently and it turned out that the hose feeding hot water to the matrix had delaminated internally and caused a blockage..a lot of backflushing and a new hose cured the problem for him.

raps

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 10:35:15 PM »

Thanks fella's, testing the matrix is no problem, as for the hot cable (live)?, to the blend door?, I give in!, what the heck is a blend door.. Ah, is it used to control the mix of hot/cold air?, if so, how do you get at it?, thanks again.

bgbazz

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: Was a KJ, now a VW
  • Year: 2003
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 06:27:42 AM »

I you remove the facia and control knobs  you may see it all better. Remember it's all vacumn controlled in there, so don't be heavy handed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up